I'm pregnant

Guest Sarah & Dave

Guest Sarah & Dave

My husband and I received our permanent visa's in Feb06 and are moving to Adelaide in Sept07 a fortnight ago I found out I am pregnant much to mine and my husbands delight, our child will be born in Mar07 can't wait we are so excited.

Our question is what do we do know about the visa's do we just take our baby on our visa's as I know now that any aged child has to have their own passport or do we have to get some sort of other paperwork or visa or what I am not sure, the baby will be 6 months when we go.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Sarah & Dave

Guest LeeJane

Hi we are in the same position. We are expecting Sep 06 and hoping to leave Easter 07. I rang our agent as soon as we found and he said no problem, just that the baby will need it's own passport and then you can apply to 'add' it to the visa. He said it would add 4-6 weeks onto the process.

Oh .....and Congratulations!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ladies

Congratulations to you both.

I am no expert on baby-visas. I've merely read a few threads here & there. Not enough to be able to offer anything useful myself. I just wanted to echo Ali in suggesting that you re-post your query in the migration section, where I think Phil is likely to be able & willing to offer you both some accurate, solid guidance about what to do.

Cheers

Gill

Hi

Congrats, bet you can't wait.

I think that you need to get the baby it's own passport once it is born and you will need to let DIMIA know that you are expecting.

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Archived