Adelaide; Most livable Australian City?

kernow43

ADELAIDE has been judged Australia's most liveable capital city and Sydney the least.

That's the finding of a Productivity Commission report comparing the planning and zoning systems across all state and territory jurisdictions.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/housing-traffic-make-adelaide-australias-most-liveable-city/story-fn59niix-1226057058581

I think it was voted first because apart from Hobart it is the one city that have not taken off, like the other cities. In that it is not over populated, the city still has more of a town feel, good beaches, very English. I believe it will start to boom soon.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We like the look of Adelaide for a number of good reasons, especially the cheaper cost of housing both nearer to the beach and city, compared to other cities and the weather is great, long hot summers, not so humid and a short winter, not freezing, yes ......... it ticks alot of boxes for us.

I find myself agreeing with you again ropey... I've lived in Sydney, Melbourne and adelaide around six months in each and each have different pros and cons but to be honest I liked all three. The biggest issue I have is work and what type of work I m going to do when I arrive. Coming from London I work more in the high end of the building industry, I m likely to find Sydney, then Melbourne more likely to provide the kind of work I currently do, then again Adelaide does have money just not as much... The flipside of this is I m tired of London I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the place. I like the city vibe of Adelaide but without too many people...

Guest guest37336

Hi Kernow.

As with most statistics they can be open to misinterpretation, but have to agree that Adelaide could well be Australias most livable city, seems to have retained that 'small town' feel, but at the same time a very, very nice place to spend some time or even a whole lifetime.

I truly hope that whilst it is getting bigger and deservedly so it doesn't change too much, would be a great shame to see it change beyond recognition and become too much like the other capital cities you mentioned.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest Guest 47403
I think it was voted first because apart from Hobart it is the one city that have not taken off, like the other cities. In that it is not over populated, the city still has more of a town feel, good beaches, very English. I believe it will start to boom soon.

Can I ask why you think it will boom soon? Adelaide is a very close 2nd choice to Perth for us purely down to job prospects.

Cheers Baz

Can I ask why you think it will boom soon? Adelaide is a very close 2nd choice to Perth for us purely down to job prospects.

Cheers Baz

It is one city that has not taken off like the others in growth, also it is much closer to the others unlike Perth. Cost of housing is cheaper. With Perth, it is only the mining boom that keeps it ticking over. Virtually it has not really been explored by immigrants.

It has attractions similar to Perth in Good beaches, good wine areas, but also a lot of history of early settlement. If it wasn't for family reasons I would live there tomorrow.

Archived