SOL - Schedule 4 question

Guest pingunootnoot

Guest pingunootnoot

Hi all! Just a question regarding SOL - Sched 4. Where it says "This list applies to applicants for subclasses 176 (Skilled – Sponsored), 886 (Skilled – Sponsored), 475 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) and 487 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) visas who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency.", what do they mean by State or Territory government agency?

Sorry stupid question, that doesn't mean migration agent, does it? Sorry, newbie here! :wideeyed:

Hi all! Just a question regarding SOL - Sched 4. Where it says "This list applies to applicants for subclasses 176 (Skilled – Sponsored), 886 (Skilled – Sponsored), 475 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) and 487 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) visas who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency.", what do they mean by State or Territory government agency?

Sorry stupid question, that doesn't mean migration agent, does it? Sorry, newbie here! :wideeyed:

Welcome to PIO

As we know, Australia is made up of different states and these states have different job requirements. According to their requirements, they sponsor certain occupations. Now, these occupations that they sponsor should figure in the Schedule 4. So basically, 'State or Territory Government Agency' are the Government that runs the State. Hope this is clear.

Guest pingunootnoot
Welcome to PIO

As we know, Australia is made up of different states and these states have different job requirements. According to their requirements, they sponsor certain occupations. Now, these occupations that they sponsor should figure in the Schedule 4. So basically, 'State or Territory Government Agency' are the Government that runs the State. Hope this is clear.

Thanks for the quick reply Ozzieland! Sorry, I must be really thick! It hasn't quite sunk in yet. So, if I'm applying for WA state sponsorship, do I look for my occupation under Sched 4, and not Sched 3?!

The part I'm getting confused about is how do I know if I fall under SOL 3 or 4.

Briefly, I haven't applied yet. I'm going through an agent but we haven't submitted anything. Thinking of applying under 261112 Systems Analyst, which is under SOL 3 or 262113 Systems which is under SOL 4 only. So if I'm going to apply for SS, do I fall under SOL 3 or 4? :wacko:

Thanks for the quick reply Ozzieland! Sorry, I must be really thick! It hasn't quite sunk in yet. So, if I'm applying for WA state sponsorship, do I look for my occupation under Sched 4, and not Sched 3?!

The part I'm getting confused about is how do I know if I fall under SOL 3 or 4.

Briefly, I haven't applied yet. I'm going through an agent but we haven't submitted anything. Thinking of applying under 261112 Systems Analyst, which is under SOL 3 or 262113 Systems which is under SOL 4 only. So if I'm going to apply for SS, do I fall under SOL 3 or 4? :wacko:

Since your occupation is on Schedule 3, it has to be on Schedule 4 as well. You do not really require State Sponsorship. However, with SS, your visa gets priority processing. Now that your eyes are on WA, you have to focus on WA's website State Migration Centre and check if your occupation is on their list. At the moment, the system is closed and is expected to reopen after the Aussie elections.

In the meantime, you can check if you meet the required points, get your skills assessed, apply for SS and then your visa. Here is the Australian Immigraiton link... www.immi.gov.au

Hope this helps.

Guest Susan Wareham McGrath

Also, if your agent hasn't already explained this to you, I suggest you make sure you ask them about the difference in terms of priority processing, between State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship.

Best regards

Susan

Guest pingunootnoot

Thanks Susan. I seem to be learning more through forums than from our agent. The problem is our agent is in WA, while we're in the Middle East. Lots of e-mails going back and forth but no real progress! It's so frustrating! :realmad:

Thanks Susan. I seem to be learning more through forums than from our agent. The problem is our agent is in WA, while we're in the Middle East. Lots of e-mails going back and forth but no real progress! It's so frustrating! :realmad:

To be honest, that should not make a difference, if he is a sincere agent. I too have an agent in Australia while I am in India and I can trust him 100%

Guest pingunootnoot

Yah I'm starting to doubt the ability and sincerity of our agent! We just feel there is absolutely no progress. We have sent our agent all documents needed to apply to ACS, but it's been a month and he hasn't submitted it in!

The wait is just a killer! And now he has suggested that we wait till SMPs before submitting application to ACS. All we seem to do is wait even though nothing has been submitted! I'd feel more at ease if something were submitted. Then at least we'd be waiting for something than nothing. :arghh:

Yah I'm starting to doubt the ability and sincerity of our agent! We just feel there is absolutely no progress. We have sent our agent all documents needed to apply to ACS, but it's been a month and he hasn't submitted it in!

The wait is just a killer! And now he has suggested that we wait till SMPs before submitting application to ACS. All we seem to do is wait even though nothing has been submitted! I'd feel more at ease if something were submitted. Then at least we'd be waiting for something than nothing. :arghh:

I don't know what your agent has in mind. You should be able to ask him questions as much as you want. Anyway, hopefully everything works out well and you do not have to wait any longer... if that is possible with this entire system :biggrin:

Good luck !!!

Archived