just got visa+found out we're pregnant...when to go?

Guest nic_adam

Guest nic_adam

Hi guys,

we got our PR visas granted a couple of weeks ago and have since discovered we are pregnant. We were planning on going to Oz in May originally, then decided to slow it down and go later on, after validating the visa in April. Now that we know about the baby, we don't know when to go. Hubby thinks we should have the baby in the uk and move in a year or so. I'm beginning to think I'd rather be settled out there before having the baby, but then come the problems such as getting a job out there and childcare - over here we have my mum.

Any thoughts guys?

Nic

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi And Congratulations

Personally I would get settled over there before the birth. Plenty of childcare in Oz take babies from 6 weeks. But also can be a emotional time in a new country and all that. Not much help but just my thoughts.

Janette

Guest claire&fred

Hi

Sorry got no good advice for you. But CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant. If it was me I would probably go to Oz, get settled and have baby there. Anyway, congrats again.

Claire

Guest traybears

HI NIC,A DOUBLE CONGRATULATIONS.FOR ME,PERSONALLY,I'D RATHER BE SETTLED FOR WHEN I HAD THE BABY AND START BUILDING MY LIFE AT WHERE IM GOING TO BE.BUT IT DEPENDS IF YOUR GOING TO RELY ON YOUR FAMILY FOR HELP? IF YOU GO IN A YEAR OR SO YOUR STILL GOING TO HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE TO LOOK AFTER THE BABY IF YOU GO BACK TO WORK.GOOD LUCK.IM SURE YOUR BE FINE WHATEVER YOU DECIDE.TRACY.XX.

Guest afiyafifi

Hi Nic , congratulations , personally i would go to oz get settled before baby comes . good luck with whatever you decide to do ... karen

Guest jogrant3232

Hi Nik Congratulations for being pregnant. I agree with the others. Id go and have baby in Aus. Start as I mean to go on... Maybe mum could come out for hol after baby is born?

Hi guys,

we got our PR visas granted a couple of weeks ago and have since discovered we are pregnant. We were planning on going to Oz in May originally, then decided to slow it down and go later on, after validating the visa in April. Now that we know about the baby, we don't know when to go. Hubby thinks we should have the baby in the uk and move in a year or so. I'm beginning to think I'd rather be settled out there before having the baby, but then come the problems such as getting a job out there and childcare - over here we have my mum.

Any thoughts guys?

Nic

Firstly Congratulations!!That's great news.

I would too be nervous about having the baby in a new country, however, they are so nice over there that I am sure you will get loads of support. I heard from my auntie-in-law who lives in perth that they give you quite a large sum of money to help when having a baby out there, so it might be worth looking into that. I know it will be tough without your mum there, but perhaps she could come out and help. Whatever you choose to do I wish you all the best. I have a 7 month old and another on the way (partly planned!). It's so exciting!!

Good luck

Louise

Guest sjbean06

im with you on that one about staying here to have baby! is it your first? you will def need your mum around i know i did!!! Do you know what happens if you fall pregnant during the process for your visa application? We are thinking a having another one you see!

Guest Helaine

Congratulations guys on the baby and the visa, i would personnally go to OZ, just think how much harder it will be to leave the family once you have had this brand new little bundle and every one is clucking round you, over there you will be settled will have some new friends who i'm sure will be there to supprt you.

Good luck with everything

Archived