Transfer from RAF to RAAF

Guest nicoop

Hi everyone. We are very interested in moving to Australia and would like to do so by transferring my husbands job from uk RAAF. Does anyone know if this is possible and how we find out more info. We have been on the RAAF site and chatted to someone in Australia but they had no idea if a transfer was possible. We do know that his trade is on the In Demand List. Any help at all appreciated, Many thanks Nic

Hi,

Suggest you contact the Australian High Commission in London. We have many ex RAF members who have enlisted in the RAAF. Not a transfer but an enlistment.

Guest thistles and gum trees

Hi there. We transferred over from the RAF 3 months ago. We are happy. The process was quite easy and we now have 3 families of friends making the move later this year - one from Cranwell, one from Kinloss and one from Abbey Wood - so you can see the move is quite popular. You can apply on line - go to ADF and read on about RAAF. Once you have applied on line you should hear back from someone in Canberra. She will help loads and if your OH is looking like a possible candidate they will invite you both to an interview at the High Commission in London. We had our interview at the end of 2006 and flew out here in 2007. If you have any more questions, drop me a line. Hope all goes well for you.

• 1 year later...
Guest akjamnelson

hi friends

is it better to transfer whilst still in the raf then? we r at cranwell, due posting this summer but only 3 yrs till 22. we plan to stay til 22 might sign on 1 more yr but have been told u cant apply to raaf until out the raf. trade is sib rafp so think it is in demand. any advice gratefully received

karen:unsure:

Guest pauline powell

Hi

My husband was also in SIB at Cranwell maybe we know each other what is your husbands name, we are going out to OZ in the summer with a transfer to the RAAF.

Get in touch soon.

Pauline and Fred

• 1 year later...
Guest whitecapuk

Hi Pauline,

I worked with Fred at Leeming and Henlow. Been out a few years now but looking to join RAAF - civ life does not suit really. What is it like for you/Fred?

Regards

Steve Wilkinson, (Ex FS Computer Forensics)

Guest pauline powell

Hi Steve

Yes we remember you! We are both loving the life out here, service life is good but the job is not as taxing as in the UK. If you would like send freddie a PM and he can answer all your questions. Good to hear from you again.

Guest Toorak Trev

Perhaps you should PM each other personal emails

On the main forum your more likely to now attract alot of spam or unwanted emails

The mods might amend the post shortly - PM them just in case they dont spot it.

Tally Ho:policeman:

• 1 year later...
Guest bombhead

Hi all,

We are in the same boat as you Nic, we are also looking to transfer across, I have looked at the Australian High Commission site, have you filled out the "online assessment" form on there?

I have also tried the RAAF website but the lateral recruiting page just sends you back to the normal recruiting page. how did you find out if your trade was in demand Nic?

All the best Nick and Tan

• 4 years later...

Archived