Few things to clear up.

Lassie

Hello,

Iam a UK citizen and my fiance is Australian. We both currently live and work in Canada on WHV's and this is where we met. W are getting married in a couple of months.

We have been thinking we will probably start to apply for the partner spousal visa for Australia after we are married and we will lodge it from here in Canada.

Now these will probably be q couple of stupid questions but just things I want to be certain on :)

While the partner visa is being processed, will I be able to enter Australia on tourist visas?

Also would we be able to then move and live in NZ (me on a whv) while partner visa is being processed?

Thanks in advance!

You would be able to enter Australia as a tourist whilst your offshore partner visa is being processed but it would be sensible to let your case officer know about dates.

I don’t know about the NZ working holiday visa – depends whether they allow you to be accompanied by a spouse when on the visa. The application for an Australian visa would not have any bearing.

Thanks for the reply Quinkla.

Yes as regard to the NZ whv it makes no difference if you have a spouse or not as you get your own visa. Only restrictions are age restriction and no dependant children to go with you.

Any reason case officer would need to know when I decide to fly in/out the country for holidays?

Any reason case officer would need to know when I decide to fly in/out the country for holidays?

Two reasons

(a) you have to be offshore when the visa is granted; and

(b) to avoid anyone thinking you were trying to do something sneaky like work in Australia illegally - volunteering information makes you look open and honest

Also keep in mind that applying for a tourist visa close to a partner visa grant time could potentially see the visas overlap. So informing your CO of your plans to apply for a tourist visa and your intended travel dates to Aus is good.

I'd apply for the tourist visa ahead of the partner visa possibly grant window to ensure no overlap could happen.