189 visa - Wife living at different address

Umair Rafiq

Hello ,

I ve applied for 189 visa (me and my spouse ). The document is submitted as a proof is my marriage certificate. The only thing I am wondering is That I have done Nikah only (In Islam it is the religious , legal and official contract of marriage ) but the wedding reception is left which I have postponed for few months as I will shift to new house in few months and also my plan is in case get visa , I will not spend money on house in Pakistan and will move Aussie Land. Currently on all the documents , the address of my wife is different than me , so will it effect my app ? or i need to submit any proof ( like family photos ).

I have the official Government Certificate also and have uploaded it already. It is made out of Nikah Certificate issued by the religious court which is originally in Urdu. So basically the Govt one is submitted .If need urdu one (with or with out translation , I can also provide that )

In that case if you've supplied everything that you can think of, and your marriage is legal in Australia, then you're just going to have to wait and see what the department asks for next.

As you are not living together, you may be asked to provide further evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing, photos will not be suitable evidence. You will need to show you are not living together is temporary. Evidence should include history of the relationship, financial comitment, social contex of relationship, nature of your comitment to each other and nature of the household.

https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/35relationship

The posts says about defacto relationship and I am married (legal in Pak , UK , USA , Canada). Also , In my religion (men and women can only live together if they are married under Islamic law ).Lets see what officer asks.

If you guys come aross anything , let me know.

The link provided by lebourvellec is still very relevant because you asked for examples of what you can do to prove your relationship other than just photos.

Whilst I realise that your religion and Islamic law mean that you are married, your application for the visa is still being processed under Australian Commonwealth law.

Edited by CaptainC