Points Claim for PR - Please Help

priscillagonsalves

Would like to know if points for overseas employment only from the skills assessment can be claimed for the EOI as the assessment was done first and the Postgraduate degree was completed after wards. The postgraduate degree has been completed from Australia so can points be claimed as

15-points for the Master's degree,

5- points for Two Years Study in Australia and only

5-points for assessment of overseas employment equivalent to 3 years.

Not sure what you mean? Do you mean your work experience is prior to qualification? If so, I wouldn't proceed without taking advice from a migration agent, always safer for work experience to be post qualification.

The assessment was made with overseas qualifications equal to Associate Degree.

And you have accumulated work experience since? Are you sure the assessment has not expired? Finding it quite hard to follow what you are saying and asking to be honest.

Like Bungo, I'm finding it difficult to understand exactly what you're asking though some of it is clear and can be answered.

You can claim points for educational qualifications gained after your skills assessment and you can also claim Australian Study points if that study was in Australia and meets the Australian Study Requirement.

I'm not sure though about the work experience question.

If you have gained additional work experience after your assessment and it can be documented, you can claim points for it without needing another assessment though of course, it must be eligible work experience - for most occupations, only post qualification work experience can be claimed.

If you were studying in Australia for 2 years, I can't see how you could have added to your overseas work experience. Also, assessments are only valid for 3 years or the assessment validity date whichever is SHORTER.

If you're not absolutely positive about your eligibility for any points you will be claiming on your EOI, you should take advice from a good RMA. It won't cost much for a professional opinion and failure to do so could be a VERY expensive mistake if you lose your VAC because of claiming points to which you're not entitled.

I had a query similar to this. I wanted to claim 5 points for studying in Australia. I studied a post grad there. But I was told it didn't count as the course was only one academic year (It was a little disappointing as the course is only one academic year for studying full time). Cost me a lot to study there also. I don't know if that helps..