migrating to australia

gav83collins

Ok firsts things first

I started an online relationship with my girlfriend on the 26th of january 2014. I came to australia for a 3 week holiday in october 2013. And then in april 2014 my gf came to england for a holiday. And then in may 2014 we both came to australia to live together. I came on a temporary working visa for a year. Which expires on the 26th may 2015

We are defacto as weve been living togother this whole time. We looked into a partner visa

And im currently looking having my work sponser me on a working visa

My question is. What is the best way of me staying in australia ? Is there options to extendwithout having to leave australia for any period of time

If you live in a state that allows you to register your relationship (QLD, NSW) that will waive the requirement to live together for 12 months prior to applying for a partner visa. Or if your employer is willing to sponsor a work visa (186 is best, but 457 would be ok until you can lodge your partner visa application), that's a good back-up plan. Otherwise I'd suggest you do the 3 months rural work so you can apply for a second WHV (assuming you're still under 31) to get you past 12 months.

If you live in a state that allows you to register your relationship (QLD, NSW) that will waive the requirement to live together for 12 months prior to applying for a partner visa. Or if your employer is willing to sponsor a work visa (186 is best, but 457 would be ok until you can lodge your partner visa application), that's a good back-up plan. Otherwise I'd suggest you do the 3 months rural work so you can apply for a second WHV (assuming you're still under 31) to get you past 12 months.

I cant do 3 months regional work. Because i have less than 3 months left til my current visa expires

I'd be surprised if a baker at Coles qualifies for a work visa, and WA relationship registration isn't recognised by DIBP. Perhaps your partner can return with you to the UK for a WHV so you can get the full 12 months living together and then apply for an off-shore visa.

I'd be surprised if a baker at Coles qualifies for a work visa, and WA relationship registration isn't recognised by DIBP. Perhaps your partner can return with you to the UK for a WHV so you can get the full 12 months living together and then apply for an off-shore visa.

Oh really. They are currently looking into it. As for living together 12 months. By the time my visa expires. We will have been. Is there not any other ways to extend my current visa. Maybe if i left to go to bali for a day and come back ?

If you started living together before 26 May 2014 and have evidence of that, you will be able to apply for a Partner visa before your WHV expires. When you apply for an onshore Partner visa, you are automatically granted a Bridging visa (with unrestricted work rights) that will allow you to stay in Australia until a decision is reached on your Partner visa application. If you can get the PV application in on or before 26 May, you don't need to do anything about any other visa.

Edited by Ozmaniac
Typo

If you started living together before 26 May 2014 and have evidence of that, you will be able to apply for a Partner visa before your WHV expires. When you apply for an onshore Partner visa, you are automatically granted a Bridging visa (with unrestricted work rights) that will allow you to stay in Australia until a decision is reached on your Partner visa application. If you can get the PV application in on or before 26 May, you don't need to do anything about any other visa.

Oh wow really. Thats great news

Im currently eligiable to a skilled residence state aponsored visa. But whatby suggested there is better suited to me. Il wait for the immigration visa bureau to cantact me. And question them about that. Thanks a lot

Partner visa applications are pretty simple if you have lived together for 12 months or more and have evidence to prove the length of cohabitation and the nature of the relationship, most people could handle one without using an agent. And if you particularly want to use an agent, you should use one that is recommended rather than one you find on the internet.

Read the Partner migration booklet paying particular attention to 'Evidence that your relationship is genuine' on pages 39-41 and keep in mind that even if you use an agent, all of that evidence comes from you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1127.pdf