457 Visa-English requirements for spouse

Tracy26

Hello everyone,

Just hoping anyone can assist me with below enquiry.

My husband is applying for 457 visa at the moment. As a secondary applicant, I am not sure if I need to provide IELTS as well?

My friend told me if I cannot prove my English skill, then my visa will be granted with certain condition,such as I won't be allowed to work full time in Australia. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply. Yes I saw this one on the immi website.

But does it mean my visa will be granted with certain condition attached?

It only says for visa purpose, i dont need to provide IELTS. However I am applying for it is for working purpose.

If I cannot meet the English requirement, I am not allowed to work full time in Au?

Many thanks

Your visa won't have any special condition attached relating to English requirements. Employers in Australia don't know or care anything about IELTS - they interview you and if your English skills are good enough for you to do the job and you're the best applicant, you get the job. If you can find an employer who is willing to employ you, there is nothing to stop you from working for them.

Hello everyone,

Just hoping anyone can assist me with below enquiry.

My husband is applying for 457 visa at the moment. As a secondary applicant, I am not sure if I need to provide IELTS as well?

My friend told me if I cannot prove my English skill, then my visa will be granted with certain condition,such as I won't be allowed to work full time in Australia. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance

Hi! We went here to australia in 457 visa and im also a secondary applicant and i do not need an ielts.. me and my kids just did the medicals, passes our passport copies , birth certificate and my marriage contract thats all in my part as secondary applicant, and also able to work here in Australia with no restrictions at all, i hope i help you with this:)

Your visa won't have any special condition attached relating to English requirements. Employers in Australia don't know or care anything about IELTS - they interview you and if your English skills are good enough for you to do the job and you're the best applicant, you get the job. If you can find an employer who is willing to employ you, there is nothing to stop you from working for them.

Thanks for the reply.

what i am confused is not about my husband"s English requirement but mine. He has already got job offer from Aussie employer. However I could not find any info about if I need to provide IELTS.

Thanks for the reply.

what i am confused is not about my husband"s English requirement but mine. He has already got job offer from Aussie employer. However I could not find any info about if I need to provide IELTS.

I answered your question. My answer related to you, not your husband. You do not need to do IELTS.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Hi! We went here to australia in 457 visa and im also a secondary applicant and i do not need an ielts.. me and my kids just did the medicals, passes our passport copies , birth certificate and my marriage contract thats all in my part as secondary applicant, and also able to work here in Australia with no restrictions at all, i hope i help you with this:)

Thanks for your response. May I ask if you are holding NZ or UK,US passport? I know people from these countries don't need prove their English skill. Unfortunately, i am not one of them.