457 visa problem!!!!

marky609

Hi I'm a boilermaker on a 457 and have been working on the Gold Coast for the last 2 years running a steel workshop . Over the last few months the company has taken a turn for the worst and now I'm not sure how long it will be before the company goes bust !!!! I'm now never sure if I will get paid every week . There is only myself and my wife over here but we don't have enough money to apply for our PR as that will cost $8000 we don't know what to do as we can't go back to the uk , any help out there ??? Great to hear your thoughts

Hi Unless you can find another company willing to take over your sponsorship you may have to go back to the UK if the company you work for now folds or lays you off. I would get out there now and door knock / phone every business you can find that may have something in your line of work. Lots of luck and i hope things do work out for you.

Cal x

It's looking bleak there is not a lot of work on the coast !!! I'm happy to move inland a little but I think it's the same there, don't really want to relocate to another state

I guess it depends how much you want to stay here.. About 5 years ago i knew a painter who had a similar problem on the same visa as you, they lived south Brisbane at the time and over a period of days, he drove from the top of the Sunny Coast to the bottom of the Gold Coast ,calling on every company he could find to see if they needed anyone with his skills. He found one in the end ,it meant the family had to move but they are still here and happy even now owning their own home in the location they had to move too.

Proof it works for some so has to be worth a shot.

Cal x