190 Visa -- May Gang

joeh8

HI

I lodged my 190 SA state sponsored Visa on 6th May 2014.

In terms of timelines how long is it till I hear something? I've not yet been assigned a CO or had Medicals/Police checks done.

I hear that there was some kind of delay and backlog, with today being a key date for numbers of visa being granted. Will I shortly hear something?

I'm hoping to emigrate ASAP!

Anyone else in a similar position?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lodged in May too. We have since applied for our Police checks and uploaded those along with our Medicals. It looks like things have started moving with a few folks on here who applied in earlier months having received their grant email in the last 2 days. If you want to move asap, crack on with Police checks and Medicals. There is no reason to delay those and wait for a Case Officer to request them if you are happy to move within the year. The last date for entering Aus to validate your visa is calculated from the submission of medicals or Police Checks. We're checking every day but assuming it will take some time to clear the back log of applications. You may as well prepare everything so they can grant your visa sooner rather than later.

We lodged in May too. We have since applied for our Police checks and uploaded those along with our Medicals. It looks like things have started moving with a few folks on here who applied in earlier months having received their grant email in the last 2 days. If you want to move asap, crack on with Police checks and Medicals. There is no reason to delay those and wait for a Case Officer to request them if you are happy to move within the year. The last date for entering Aus to validate your visa is calculated from the submission of medicals or Police Checks. We're checking every day but assuming it will take some time to clear the back log of applications. You may as well prepare everything so they can grant your visa sooner rather than later.

Have you been assigned a Case Officer? and did they request your police and medical checks or did you just send them?

We have no idea if a Case officer has been assigned. The only reason to wait for a case officer before you send the police checks and medicals is cost and as I said before about dates to enter to validate your visa.

We submitted everything ourselves after letting go of the agent we were using previously. Until we took over our application we were always told to wait for a Case Officer to be assigned but after reading about others on here front loading everything and also having friends who have applied previously who also sent everything upfront we decided to do the same as we were potentially in a rush to get there at the time.

I lodged my 190 visa app on 5th May 2013 and still waiting. In last fin year 190 quotas were reduced, so DIBP grants visas for last year applicants first. Then remained places will be granted for you, might be.

By how much have the quota been reduced?

We have no idea if a Case officer has been assigned. The only reason to wait for a case officer before you send the police checks and medicals is cost and as I said before about dates to enter to validate your visa.

We submitted everything ourselves after letting go of the agent we were using previously. Until we took over our application we were always told to wait for a Case Officer to be assigned but after reading about others on here front loading everything and also having friends who have applied previously who also sent everything upfront we decided to do the same as we were potentially in a rush to get there at the time.

Thanks for the advice! Feeling a little apprehensive now!

Don't worry. You can only do what you can. The rest is in the hands of those working in immigration. If you want to speed things up, just apply for the Police checks and medicals so your case is decision ready when a case officer looks at it.

The quotas have opened up again as of 1st July, so other than a possible delay while they deal with the back log, there should be more than enough visas left by the time they get around to us May applicants. No one knows the actual figures.

Don't worry. You can only do what you can. The rest is in the hands of those working in immigration. If you want to speed things up, just apply for the Police checks and medicals so your case is decision ready when a case officer looks at it.

The quotas have opened up again as of 1st July, so other than a possible delay while they deal with the back log, there should be more than enough visas left by the time they get around to us May applicants. No one knows the actual figures.

How did you go about getting your medical checks and police checks done, is there a specific type of check/medical you need?

You have to go to a Panel Dr which is already approved. Are you applying directly yourselves or through an agent? When you log into Immiaccount you should see a link which you can click on for Medicals. You need the form to print off and give to the Dr. You'll need the "HAP" ID number. There is a link on the immigration website for Panel Drs in your area. https://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/

The Medicals are pretty standard usually with height, weight, eye test, x-ray and urine test. They may request further tests if necessary but this is unusual. For Police checks look up the ACRO website for the UK or the equivalent in any countries you have lived in for the past 10 years. Again there are links with further info on the Immigration website. Some countries take longer than others. Our UK checks were processed quickly and returned within their 10 Day service. Our Malaysian ones took 4 weeks. Once you have the certificate of good conduct you can upload it. For the Medicals, most places will send the results electronically to DIBP via their eMedical system. Hope that helps...

You have to go to a Panel Dr which is already approved. Are you applying directly yourselves or through an agent? When you log into Immiaccount you should see a link which you can click on for Medicals. You need the form to print off and give to the Dr. You'll need the "HAP" ID number. There is a link on the immigration website for Panel Drs in your area. https://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/

The Medicals are pretty standard usually with height, weight, eye test, x-ray and urine test. They may request further tests if necessary but this is unusual. For Police checks look up the ACRO website for the UK or the equivalent in any countries you have lived in for the past 10 years. Again there are links with further info on the Immigration website. Some countries take longer than others. Our UK checks were processed quickly and returned within their 10 Day service. Our Malaysian ones took 4 weeks. Once you have the certificate of good conduct you can upload it. For the Medicals, most places will send the results electronically to DIBP via their eMedical system. Hope that helps...

Thanks, I shall look into this in the next few days. Thanks for the advice!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing yet. Have you seen the visa tracker google document which someone on this forum kindly put together with visa application dates and CO allocation/ grant dates etc?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing

Looks like they are currently beginning to process April applications, so I reckon it will be the 3 month mark when May applicants start hearing from DIBP. Trying my best not to think about it too much!

No problem! Hopeful that us May applicants will hear from them within the next month! Then it will be all systems go. My dog has had his Rabies test now too, so we can export him from Jan onwards. I'm trying to focus on the bits I can do until we hear from DIBP! Domain househunting online, looking up schools, looking at budgets and looking up things to explore in Sydney and further afield to keep my motivation going. I have an almighty to do list as well :)

Yeah I sure hope so! I'm going out alone, but know people out there because of a previous WHV. I've already got a car out there and most things sorted so it's just going to be booking a flight for ASAP and I'll be off!!!

Brilliant! I would be there tomorrow if I could but we have 2 kids, a dog who has to spend 180 days here before we can move him and my OH's current work contract to bear in mind! It definitely helps having friends there. We also have several friends and some family in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth and they have been great. I'm itching to get moving! I'll keep you posted as soon as we hear anything. I'm travelling back to the UK next week for a month, which should keep me very busy and my mind off the wait!

Hi, just a quick question about medicals / police checks.

when I clicked the link for medicals to get my HAP ID, a message popped up to say not to do this until a CO has been assigned and was only for those who had not yet submitted a visa application as it could slow the process down?? Or is there something I'm doing wrong??

should I just carry on regardless, as so many others seem to have uploaded their checks whilst waiting for a CO.

Just really don't want to prolong this agonising wait!

many thanks in advance of your help :)

Hi, just a quick question about medicals / police checks.

when I clicked the link for medicals to get my HAP ID, a message popped up to say not to do this until a CO has been assigned and was only for those who had not yet submitted a visa application as it could slow the process down?? Or is there something I'm doing wrong??

should I just carry on regardless, as so many others seem to have uploaded their checks whilst waiting for a CO.

Just really don't want to prolong this agonising wait!

many thanks in advance of your help :)

Hi, I definitely went ahead with my medical and I don't have a CO yet!

Hi, How did you get your HAP ID?

Did you bypass the message that advises to wait till a CO is assigned??

if so, will also book my medicals :)

Hi I don't really remember having to bypass a message, I have seen that info on there saying not to go for medicals until you have got a CO but most people just go for them. So yes I would bypass it and get your HAP ID!

Got an email this morning from my migration agent confirming that I have been assigned a case officer. Excited is an understatement!!!

Wow! That is fantastic news!! So pleased for you!

When did you lodge and what team have you been allocated??