CPA/ICAA/IPA Assessment for Accountant (ANZSCO 221111), need help

eddypk

Dear Friends,

I have few questions regarding the assessment of qualification for ANZCSO 221111 (General Accountant).

1. I have a B.com (2 year degree) + membership of professional accounting body (APFA-Associate Public Finance Accountant). Will CPA/ICAA/IPA will consider my one qualification or will they consider both qualification together. I covered some subjects (out of required 9 subjects) in B.com and some in APFA.

1. I passed B.com in 2002 and all exams of professional accounting body in 2005. APFA membership requires 3 years experience in Accounting and Finance and passing of all exams. I gained 3 years experience and become eligible for membership in 2006 but I did not apply for membership. Stupid decision, but I was so happy with my current job and did not feel necessary for membership. So if I apply for membership now, will my whole experience of 7 years (2006-2013) will become invalid for skill migration program?? Because they only count experience after the qualification. OR will they count it because I was eligible for membership in 2006 but I did not apply, that is something different??

Really looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Eddy

Dear Friends,

I have few questions regarding the assessment of qualification for ANZCSO 221111 (General Accountant).

1. I have a B.com (2 year degree) + membership of professional accounting body (APFA-Associate Public Finance Accountant). Will CPA/ICAA/IPA will consider my one qualification or will they consider both qualification together. I covered some subjects (out of required 9 subjects) in B.com and some in APFA.

1. I passed B.com in 2002 and all exams of professional accounting body in 2005. APFA membership requires 3 years experience in Accounting and Finance and passing of all exams. I gained 3 years experience and become eligible for membership in 2006 but I did not apply for membership. Stupid decision, but I was so happy with my current job and did not feel necessary for membership. So if I apply for membership now, will my whole experience of 7 years (2006-2013) will become invalid for skill migration program?? Because they only count experience after the qualification. OR will they count it because I was eligible for membership in 2006 but I did not apply, that is something different??

Really looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Eddy

Eddy,

I am afraid you may not get positive assessment based on PIPFA or B.Com as they may not be comparable to Australian Bachelors Degree. Anyhow, you may take the challenge and apply for skills assessment to the body that suite your case:

- IPA consider professional qualification and they do not mention membership as the basis of their assessment so they may count post qualification assessment,

- CPA takes into account the date of membership for skills assessment. The positive point about CPA is that their letter will advice you which occupations you may qualify out of the 6 occupations on the SOL and then you can change your nominated occupation, incase you do not get positive assessment in your desired occupation, free of cost for 2 years.

Eddy,

I am afraid you may not get positive assessment based on PIPFA or B.Com as they may not be comparable to Australian Bachelors Degree. Anyhow, you may take the challenge and apply for skills assessment to the body that suite your case:

- IPA consider professional qualification and they do not mention membership as the basis of their assessment so they may count post qualification assessment,

- CPA takes into account the date of membership for skills assessment. The positive point about CPA is that their letter will advice you which occupations you may qualify out of the 6 occupations on the SOL and then you can change your nominated occupation, incase you do not get positive assessment in your desired occupation, free of cost for 2 years.

Dear Mirwais,

Thanks for your feedback.

Is the criteria for assessment is same in each accounting body or is it different. As you mentioned a point difference between CPA and IPA.

I also want to mention on thing.

I contacted IPA and they told me that my qualification APFA (professional membership) will not be considered in assessment as it is not listed in (AEI-NOOSR) guidelines.

However, ICAA has told me that they will consider my APFA qualification and also B-com for assessment. Strange, is in it?

Eddy