Entering Oz on a 176 Visa...process?

Brensara

Hi all,

This may seem a bit of a daft question but I (and my wife and son) have been granted 176 visa's and I will be going over to Perth in three weeks time to start work. Are there any forms/ requirements/ paperwork that I need when arriving or is it basically just my passport and visa that i need?

I know that I'll need other documents for house hunting/ bank accounts etc. but for actually getting through the airport all I need is the visa...right?:unsure:

Thanks!

You will just need your passport, but it is worth taking a print out of the grant letter, but this would be more for checking in, rather than when you arrive in Australia.

You can open a bank account before you go, and once arrive in Australia go to the branch with passport and pick up your bank cards. http://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/nab/nab/home/personal_finance/5/10

Thanks for the response! It just seems odd that after all the paperwork, tests, documentation etc. all it comes down to is your passport. I'm used to pages and pages of forms at this stage! Thanks for the bank advice, we've decided to open an account with nab and transfer our funds through Moneycorp.

I will definitely make sure to have a copy of the Grant Letter just in case.

Thanks again from the snowy UK!!!

If you have a chance visit Australia house in London and get a visa page put in your passport. You don't need it. It's free. It helped a lot of times with the 100 points of ID you need for many things. You will need to call and make an appointment unless you want to sit a while

If you have a chance visit Australia house in London and get a visa page put in your passport. You don't need it. It's free. It helped a lot of times with the 100 points of ID you need for many things. You will need to call and make an appointment unless you want to sit a while

It is no longer free - now costs $70 per passport for a visa label.