Visa Granted...Visa Expired! What can you do to get Visa again?

CROWDED HOUSE

Hi

I have a friend that had a visa issued about 6 years ago, but because of work reasons in the UK he never used it and it expired!

Does anyone know what he now has to do obtain it again? Or is it a case of going through the whole shh-bang again?

Just wondering, why so? obviously the expenses for the visa is not cheap.

Just wondering, why so? obviously the expenses for the visa is not cheap.

Hi thanks for your input. I think money reasons. Got a really good job that paid well and ended staying then his wife fell pregnant. He applied for PR visa and did validate it. Conditions was that he had to begin his residency within 5 years of validating. 5 years was up in January.

If validated then it's possible that a RRV could be applied for but I'm not sure as he's not spent any time in Australia over the visa period of 5 years. Also, he'd need to apply for visa for his child and wife if not already.

Guest guest36187

I recommend chatting to one of the many agents that post on here and see what solid advice they can give you. Yours is not an easy case and remember that the majority of forum posters are just that....posters and not anyone with the extensive migration knowledge that an agent would have.

My guess, and it is a guess, would be that your `friend` would be lucky to get an RRV given that he has spent no time at all in Australia. I am wondering whether he would have to start the process again....

Hi there,

We had a 136 PR visa issued and validated in 2003, then I fell pregnant with a long awaited for daughter, who unfortunately was born with a medical problem which she would outgrow by the age of 7, nothing life threatening just a needed to know we had family support if needed, anyway long story short this lead to us staying put. We approached the DIAC in 2007 asking if it would be possible to obtain an RRV, we applied explaining what had happened, backed with doctors papers etc but they unfortunately declined, because we were not in the country or had spent any time in oz other than when we validated the visa

So I would think your friend will have to start again as we have done now :biggrin: Hope they get it sorted

Hi there,

We had a 136 PR visa issued and validated in 2003, then I fell pregnant with a long awaited for daughter, who unfortunately was born with a medical problem which she would outgrow by the age of 7, nothing life threatening just a needed to know we had family support if needed, anyway long story short this lead to us staying put. We approached the DIAC in 2007 asking if it would be possible to obtain an RRV, we applied explaining what had happened, backed with doctors papers etc but they unfortunately declined, because we were not in the country or had spent any time in oz other than when we validated the visa

So I would think your friend will have to start again as we have done now :biggrin: Hope they get it sorted

Hi Sorry to hear that. They should have let you off that one. I will pass the message on but thanks very much for all your help and fast responses. Im now gonna try and swim upthe garden. April showers are back with vengence!!