Question about Medical test

Guest DianJ

Guest DianJ

Hello

I am new to this forum and I want to say this is the best forum I have found on the internet.

My question is. I am filling out all my papers for a spouse visa. We had a long conversation with a very nice lady from immigration. She gave us all the papers to fill out but she never mentioned the medical test.

Do I need to do that before I apply for my visa or do I have to wait untill Immigration ask for it after my application has been send.

Diana

You don't need to have a medical before you apply for a Partner visa - your Case Officer will tell you when to go for them.

If you're from a low risk country and can therefore reasonably expect to get your visa within 6 months or so, you could have your medical now as it could speed the visa grant by a few weeks, but you should be aware that they're only valid for 12 months and it's always possible there could be a holdup with the visa. The last entry date (i.e. the latest date you can enter) on your visa will be 12 months from the date of your medicals so if you're not intending coming to Australia as soon as you have your visa, you would be best to wait until your Case Officer tells you to go for them.

The above comments also apply to your character checks.

Guest DianJ

Thanks Ozmaniac

We have filled out all the papers also the character checks because thats wat the lady said to fill out. The only form I really dont understand is form 47A. I dont have kids above 18 or any other dependant family members So do I need to fill out that form.

I think The Netherlands isnt a high risk country :biggrin:

Archived