Newbie here!

CharlieMedusa

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the Forum,

After years of thinking, I've just turned 20, and decided a while back that a WHV was for me, and Australia will be my home for a while in January!

Just after a bit of advice, personal experience etc.

I'm getting over-excited, so, I'll let you know a bit about me.

I'm animal crazy. I have a level 3 in animal care, 4 years work experience, and 2 years owning my own reptile/pet shop.

I have dog grooming qualifications, farming, animal handling, biology, and a whole host of others included in my college course.

I have friends and family out in Aus, all in different areas, but want to experience things myself, or with new friends!

There are lots of farm jobs, animal attendant jobs, and lots of others I have found, I'm just waiting to get out there for interviews as requested from the companies/owners.

I am just a little concerned about where I am going to stay... Hostels seem like the best option , but the prices of those for just 2 weeks is equivalent to renting an apartment! I'm a friendly person, but value my own personal space and privacy, so shared hostel rooms are not an option.

Any advice anyone has, anyone wanting a WHV buddy, anything is helpful!

Thank you everyone!

Hi,

I definitely wouldn't go down the route of staying in hotels they are far too expensive and you'd find yourself out of money really quickly if you did that. I know you said you didn't want to stay in a shared hostel room, but you can get single/double rooms in hostels for a fraction of the price. Also being in a hostel rather than a hotel you're more likely to make new friends!