2nd WHV/ Sponsorship

Pauly

Hi everyone,

I'm due to go back to Oz possibly this summer for my 2nd year. Just waiting on my decision from immi. Planning on going straight out to Sydney or Brisbane and staying there for a full year. Now when I go out I'd be hoping to get sponsorship but know little about it and if its even possible for me.

I'm 25, have a clean record, a degree but don't have great work experience. Mainly warehouse and admin experience.

Is it possible to get sponsorship for such general jobs or would I best look elsewhere for it?

Is it even possible and would I be wasting my time?

Can I do a course to give myself the best possible chance?

Hi Pauly

You have to have a skill that is in need before you can be sponsored. What do you actually do and what is your degree for?

I am not too hot on these things, but there is a visa wizard on the DIAC website that will give you some sort of idea if you would qualify. Also read the blurbs about sponsored visas and the Skills List on the website. http://www.immi.gov.au. You need to do a fair bit of research and no doubt someone with more knowledge in this area will come along for you soon.

Hi everyone,

I'm due to go back to Oz possibly this summer for my 2nd year. Just waiting on my decision from immi. Planning on going straight out to Sydney or Brisbane and staying there for a full year. Now when I go out I'd be hoping to get sponsorship but know little about it and if its even possible for me.

I'm 25, have a clean record, a degree but don't have great work experience. Mainly warehouse and admin experience.

Is it possible to get sponsorship for such general jobs or would I best look elsewhere for it?

Is it even possible and would I be wasting my time?

Can I do a course to give myself the best possible chance?

Companies can only sponsor for roles / occupations that appear on the CSOL (the occupation list). You can find the list by using the search function on www.immi.gov.au. The list is quite long, but it is quite possible that the types of jobs you mentioned will not be on there. For those people that are not currently in an occupation on the SOL / CSOL, it generally takes a little more than a quick course to be deemed to have the necessary credentials.

As to whether it is worth your time or not, well that really depends upon your perspective, it could be a great experience regardless of what happens at the end of it?

What hasn't been mentioned here is that if a company likes you enough, they will basically make a role for you mate. Hence I know bargirls and waiters that have been sponsored, it's all about falling in with the right employer and manager. This is as important as having the right "skill". Not PC on here but true.

What hasn't been mentioned here is that if a company likes you enough, they will basically make a role for you mate. Hence I know bargirls and waiters that have been sponsored, it's all about falling in with the right employer and manager. This is as important as having the right "skill". Not PC on here but true.

What is true, is that sponsorship is only possible for occupations on the CSOL.

Yes....but as I mentioned it's amazing how someone can get shoehorned into a certain position if well liked enough and seen as an asset to the business. Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing again on this site

Edited by snifter
Language. Even when starred out, not acceptable in this area of the forum.

Yes....but as I mentioned it's amazing how someone can get shoehorned into a certain position if well liked enough and seen as an asset to the business. Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing again on this site

Who is disagreeing for sake of disagreeing. I am disagreeing because your statements are misleading. It is not possible to sponsor on the strength of "liking" someone, the occupation needs to be on the skilled occupation list.

You are giving people false hope as far as I can tell. If you can find a clause of immigration law that gives employers leeway to sponsor on basis of liking someone then happy to be corrected.

Edited by Rupert

Yes....but as I mentioned it's amazing how someone can get shoehorned into a certain position if well liked enough and seen as an asset to the business.

Disagree with this blanket statement. For an employer to sponsor someone they have to prove to DIAC that they are unable to recruit within Australia. The position needs to be on the Skilled Occupation List, and the qualifications of the sponsored person have to be acceptable. If all the boxes are ticked and the emloyer likes you, then it is possible. Digitalis I think you are giving misleading blanket information.