Finding a job in Melbourne

victoria666

Hi there,

We have just received a 475 visa and looking for job opportunities before moving. I have seen so many getting job offeres from oz while working in the UK. Please can any one let me know as to how we could search for jobs? Any recommended website?

Thanks in advance

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, it is very hard to get a job whilst you are still in the UK, what work do you both do?

I agree with Kate.

Normally Australian companies will only talk to you if you are actually in the country with a visa in hand. There are exceptions in certain trades & obviously people coming in on 457 sponsorships.

Have a look here to get an idea of what jobs are on offer: www.seek.com.au

p.s. congrats on getting the visa.

My brother has been in Melbourne for three years now after moving from Northern Ireland. He got a job before he arrived by just applying.

If you have your date for arrival i.e. flights booked/ a week or two to settle in etc.. if your cv is good a company will take you on. Good luck with everything!!

Me and my family have started the process of applying and I've been offered a job already by a tree surgery company in Melbourne!!!

Positive Mental Attitude will see you right!!

My brother has been in Melbourne for three years now after moving from Northern Ireland. He got a job before he arrived by just applying.

If you have your date for arrival i.e. flights booked/ a week or two to settle in etc.. if your cv is good a company will take you on. Good luck with everything!!

Me and my family have started the process of applying and I've been offered a job already by a tree surgery company in Melbourne!!!

Positive Mental Attitude will see you right!!

Thanks. I feel happy to hear some positive comment like this. May I ask you any good website you looked at?

Hi there,

We have just received a 475 visa and looking for job opportunities before moving. I have seen so many getting job offeres from oz while working in the UK. Please can any one let me know as to how we could search for jobs? Any recommended website?

Thanks in advance

Is it a 475 or 457 visa? I thought with a 475 you couldn't work in Melbourne? :err:

Guest MichelleNZ

There are plenty of jobs in Melbourne! seek.com.au is a good website. My hubby was offered a job before we left NZ - he had his interviews via phone and Skype. Do you have contacts in the UK that could put you in touch with accounting firms here? Or contacts within the professional accountants institute (or whatever its called lol) you could get in touch with in Melbourne? Sometimes these sorts of people are invaluable resources to help you. Good luck - you will find something!

There are plenty of jobs in Melbourne! seek.com.au is a good website. My hubby was offered a job before we left NZ - he had his interviews via phone and Skype. Do you have contacts in the UK that could put you in touch with accounting firms here? Or contacts within the professional accountants institute (or whatever its called lol) you could get in touch with in Melbourne? Sometimes these sorts of people are invaluable resources to help you. Good luck - you will find something!

Thanks Michelle. We have been applying for some jobs in seek.com. but still no luck a most our agencies. Sadly we do not have any contacts as such. Any how hope for the best. Good luck with your move!

Archived