WHV & Study Visa

PeteD

Hi all,

I've received my 176 and am intending to depart imminently for sunny Perth .. or not so sunny as winter approaches down under ...

That said I'm now looking into getting my niece who has dual nationality (England and South Africa) who is residing presently in South Africa, out to Aus; hopefully to do a degree and even post-grad. I'm thinking at this point that she could apply for a WHV to see this year out, settle down a tad, and get her accepted/enroled into uni, then from next year she studies. If she needs to do some undergraduate studies to qualify for acceptance onto an undergraduate degree path, then so be it.

Is this possible, are WHV's issued to SA residents or would she need to be in UK to get one, not sure of the whole WHV process so any help or pointers on where to start would be appreciated. Any pointers on study visas, etc. also greatfully accepted.

Many thanks

P

As WHV applications are done online wherefore as long as she is not in Australia at the time I dont see a problem with applying while she is in SA.

International fees are very high - and she may not be eligible for medicare is she is not currently registered with the NHS.

Archived