Visa 475 Advice

Ladyw

Hi

My husband and I are looking at the 475 Regional Skilled Visa (WA)as a back up if we cant get through the bloody EILTS test for a 175 Visa. I was wondering if anyone is gonig for this Visa, or has done it, and can give advice on what the process is once we have our skills assessment results back next Saturday?

Due to the July 1st deadline, we want to use this as a back up option, but we dont want to leave it to late to apply, so if you have any information on what the next step would be (ie do you apply for the state sponsorship bit and then lodge your Visa?) this would really help us with knowing how long we can wait before going with our back up plan?

Thanks

Lisa & Robert

Hi Lisa & Robert,

as you can see below, my OH and I are waiting the 475 and we share the same nightmare about Ielts and 175.

Yes, after skill assestment and Ielts exam you need to apply for WA SS (if you are lucky, you can get it in 1 or 2 days).

Next step: lodging and waiting for your Case Officer (be ready for medical exams and PCC).

For medicals it is better to use e-health 'cs it is very fast (DIAC receive it after 1 day).

By some books to read and wait, wait, wait (as I noticed many people get their 475 in 1 or 3 months after CO, depends on many details ,,,,, so it is not bad).

Hope it helps a bit

William

Hi Lisa & Robert,

as you can see below, my OH and I are waiting the 475 and we share the same nightmare about Ielts and 175.

Yes, after skill assestment and Ielts exam you need to apply for WA SS (if you are lucky, you can get it in 1 or 2 days).

Next step: lodging and waiting for your Case Officer (be ready for medical exams and PCC).

For medicals it is better to use e-health 'cs it is very fast (DIAC receive it after 1 day).

By some books to read and wait, wait, wait (as I noticed many people get their 475 in 1 or 3 months after CO, depends on many details ,,,,, so it is not bad).

Hope it helps a bit

William

Hi

Thank you so much for your response, its good to know there is someone in the same situation and it would be great to stay in touch?!. We are gonig to try 3 more IELTS tests and then go down this route. We jsut want to ensure we lodge a Visa before 1st July! What a nightmare this is!!

Lisa

Hi LadyW, We too are hoping to apply for a 475 Family Sponsored. We have completed the IELTS exam and are currently being assessed for the AQF III qualification which is what my OH requires before making an application to TRA for them to assess him. It will be a miracle if we manage to complete the TRA process before 1 July, so are keeping an eye on the new rule changes. So far it seems OK for us, but keeping everything crossed as things can change quickly and not always for the better for some people.

You say "what a nightmare" - Yes it is. We are stressed up to the eyeballs. It's the waiting between stages that is the nightmare for us not knowing the true extent of the new Rules.

Good Luck.

Thansk for the support Candygiirl and I hope you get everything sorted. Beyond July 1st it is difficult to know what it will be like and I think that is why a lot of people are panicing to get thier visas lodged,, but the new process may not be that bad.

We are due to get our skills assessment back at the end of this week and we are going to try more EILTS tests so fingers crossed!

Good luck to you and keep me posted!

Lisa

x

I know what you mean. Our skills agent has had various meetings about the new SkillSelect and reckons we will be OK as our pathway into Oz is not as clean cut as others so he cannot imagine there is a stampede at the moment.

The trouble is even if you are an occupation in demand you just don't know when they will send you an invitation to apply for a visa. On the other hand, at least you know if and when you receive the invitation you stand a chance of getting a visa. I just keeping checking the DIAC website. Last update was 30/03. The SkillSelect website has not been launched yet even though there is a link to it.

Good Luck on your assessment results this week.

Archived