The Woofs are doing good

sunshine please

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you all know the Woofs are doing ok in the boarding kennels :-)) they are being spoilt rotten and getting their big long walks every day. We are missing them like mad!!! Time seems to be dragging in. We have found a dog friendly house, one major factor sorted. Just can't wait to see them, don't think we will be properly settled until they arrive. Found loads of great places to take them.

1st month down!!!

Xxxxxxxxx

Guest Guest16631

............that's good news .......always a load off your mind when you know your furry friends are happy...............and havving found you're new home is a bonus..!..................tink x

Hi candy girl we lived out in maree, oranmore. When are you due over?

I don't recall having been there, but I will ask my OH if he knows it, I am sure he will as he spent every school holiday as a kid in Wood Quay with his family.

Not sure yet, still waiting for the paper shufflers to get a move on! Where are you now? Has it been incredibly difficult without your pooches? I am dreading sending mine over on the plane and then leaving them in quarantine.

Hi Sunshine please.

Its great to hear that Quarentine isnt too bad, How long are they in for? i thought it was only 30 days?!!

I have a 12 year old border collie who refuses to go in kennels never mind this process! So I need the smoothest process possible? It would also be good to know how you got on finding a pet friendly house as this also concerns me about finding rental accommadation when we arrive?

Thanks

Lisa

x

Hi everyone

Unfortunatly our Woofs have to do 6 months!!! We looked into bringing them last June and all was fine with 30 days quarantine. Hubby turned down job in Sydney and operation oz went on the back burner. Out of nowhere he got offered a job in Canberra but by hat point the rules had changed!! So our babies got their rabies jabs just 3 weeks before we left. They are in our boarding kennels (much cheaper than quarantine) until August then we will finally bring them home in September. Bloody awful but they are being spoiled rotten and we send them care packs every couple of weeks with dog toys with our scent on them so hopefully they won't forget us. Missing them like crazy!!

On the plus finding a house that would take dogs was easy, there are loads out there just start looking as soon as you arrive as we found there are some awful disgusting houses out there!!! Put an advert in your local paper and gum tree looking for a house that will accept dogs. Some people find it easier with private landlords as some letting agencies are a pain in the butt :-))

From what I have learnt so far, I think you need to sort everything out 6 months before you want to leave to ensure you dog only spends 30 days in Quarentine!. This is the process we are starting now as I cant leave my poor dog in kennels for that long she would never speak to me again!!

Hope everyone elses dogs are doing well! xx

Sunshine I think the being used to kennels will really help in quarantine especially all the barking, it will be normal by then. Quarantine is a lot better than I expected. Not long now for you:-) x

Archived