Need advice for retired Uncle

toOZ2012

Hi Everyone,

An uncle of mine, retired (don't know the exact age but well over 60) would like to move to Australia. I looked at various visas but couldn't find something that suits him. His relation to Australia is as follows:

His niece, my sister, is an OZ citizen

I am planning to go over there in the next couple of months on a 176 visa, fingers crossed.

His sister, my mom, has recently applied for the CPV so, hopefully, will be there mid next year.

The LRR visa is a no-go as he has other siblings outside of Australia. The investor visa's seemed a bit interesting but they are TR and also involves quite a bit of money. I think, after my mom relocates to OZ, she can sponsor him but I read that CPV's have a 5 year wait before they can sponsor people. May be a year less, if she takes up OZ citizenship by end of year 4.

Is there really no other way,like contributory relative visa or something? He is divorced, no kids and my mom is very concerned about him staying on his own, especially as he ages, and would like for him to stay close to family down under.

Any advice, please?

Guest The Pom Queen

I am sorry I can't think of other options, why not have a quick chat with an agent and see if it's possible?

Archived