Shipping advice please

Hi all,

Only our second post, so be gentle :-)

We're renting our London flat out and have decided to leave it furnished (ie we will leave the bed, white goods, sofas etc), so we really won't have enough stuff for a 20 ft container, and I'm loathe to spend c£3,000 and wait 3 months for just our clothes, TV, PC and bits and bobs. Has anyone just gone with Tea chests or smaller container packages that were better value for money? I've seen Seven Seas do a 'MoveCube' that looks ideal, any feedback on this/them from anyone please?

Thanks in advance

Jimbo & Monika

Guest oldmarried

all the main international movers offer a shared (groupage) service and if you use a BAR OVERSEAS group member you get financial/ consumer protection

Hi all,

Only our second post, so be gentle :-)

We're renting our London flat out and have decided to leave it furnished (ie we will leave the bed, white goods, sofas etc), so we really won't have enough stuff for a 20 ft container, and I'm loathe to spend c£3,000 and wait 3 months for just our clothes, TV, PC and bits and bobs. Has anyone just gone with Tea chests or smaller container packages that were better value for money? I've seen Seven Seas do a 'MoveCube' that looks ideal, any feedback on this/them from anyone please?

Thanks in advance

Jimbo & Monika

I've heard seven seas recommended to me by many--their service seems very starightforward as you know all the costs upfront. The only reason that I am not going with them is that i have some furniture to take.

Guest sadiesmum

Hi There

we are doing the same as you. We are looking into sending some stuff air freight, it only takes 2-3 weeks and although it is pricey its worth while considering its stuff like clothes, a few books and pictures etc.

good luck

Archived