How much did your reccie trip cost you?

seraphim

Can I ask for those that did reccie trips.

1. where did you go?

2. How long for?

3. What did you spend? (total and cost breakdown if you have any idea!)

in AU$ would be good as the rates have changed so much!

I've been looking at hiring a car and spending a month doing sydney to brisbance and i get it to £16-20k (yes that's sterling) which wipes out any money we'd have to move full stop! However, have to look as other half won't go (and fair enough too) without seeing the country!

We'd hire a car, have a 2 yo so would need decent accomodation and food, and some entertainments too to make it a holiday as well as a look round. Only looking at a month, 3 weeks syd to bris, and a week at great barrier reef in case we decide not to move and then never get to see it!

Is this really what it costs to 'holiday' in oz now? I went round the world (a long time ago mind!) for less than 5k!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It is very costly, due to the rubbish exchange rate, our costs were £1,000 each for flights, £900 pounds for car hire for a month, just over £2,000 for accommodation, check out the site Stayz and we paid £400 for theme park tickets, but "....... It was worth every penny, it was the best holiday reccie trip ever. Obviously we had our spending money on top of that, so it all adds up, I think we spent just over £10k.

Hi, I have booked our reccie for three weeks fromt he 24th May -We have got great deals on flights with singapore airlines £3660 for two adults and three children. We have also saved money by arranging a home exchange with www.homeexchange.com and also as swopping cars we dont have to pay to hire a car saving us lots of $$$!

So other than flights its just spending money ...

Before we had arranged the home exchange I had looked into staying in Ashmore Palms or Brisbane Holiday villiage as they have great offers with weekends free and free child places etc .

Good Luck

Archived