Laser eye surgery - before or after move?

llessur

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of having laser eye surgery done in Oz and whether it works out comparable in price and use of the latest procedures to the UK.

I have been wanting to have this done for years (relatively mild short-sightedness) but have never had any issues with contacts/glasses etc so have always put it on the back burner.

Am now wondering whether it's worth dipping into our savings slightly to have this done before we leave the UK.

One of my main worries is around having to wear sunglasses more in Oz - fine if I'm wearing my contacts but I try to leave these out at least a couple of days per week (it's supposed to be healthy) and don't want to get stuck with some God awful prescription ones or vari-tints... :cool:

If anyone's got any insight into laser surgery from an Oz perspective I would love to hear about it. Have found quite a few websites for clinics in Adelaide and Melbourne (where we will be heading) but unlike the UK ones they're very reluctant to show prices and don't seem to mention the new Wavefront method of treatment which is supposed to be much better than the older methods....

Can't help with Aus clinics but I had laser eye surgery and it's one of the best things I've ever paid money for. After 20 years of wearing glasses, the next day is the most amazing feeling ever. If it were me, I'd get it done in the UK as I would be more comfortable & familiar with the environment, and without checking I would guess it'll be more expensive here anyway.

Archived