Mickey Mouse Money

Bobcat

I am handling some property transactions at Angeles City in the Philippines............. we picked a client's daughter up at the airport on Sunday as she was hand carrying a bank draft over for me.

Somewhere along the line my instructions got lost in transit........... there was a bit of a communication breakdown as I only know how to swear in Tagalog :wacko:........ I'm not fluent in that language. I was meant to get paid in Australian dollars............ but somehow I have managed to end up with a bank draft for 800,000-00 Philippine Pesos. Can i get rid of them ............ can I bloody hell? Nobody wants them!!!

Advice please?

We currently have 5 accounts with the Commonwealth Bank.......... tried to give them the equivalent of AUS$21,000-00 or thereabouts today........... they weren't the slightest bit interested................. or even remotely helpful. ANZ wouldn't let us deposit same in our account with them. Bendigo Bank were the most helpful as they were at least willing to listen to us and they tried to come up with a solution..........whereas the other two banks treated us like lepers ............ seemingly we were nothing more than nuisance value to them?

As soon as I get a clean bill of health from the auditors re our business affairs.......... I think we'll be apt to change banks............. or are they all the same? :goofy:

Guest John Sydney

Yep most Australian banks only like USD, Sterling and Euro. Couple ways around it is to find a Asian Bank or Philippine Bank and see if they will take it. If not try calling some banks in Singapore as they are far more amenable - with a bit of luck they cash the cheque for you then transfer the money to Australia - will not be cheap. One other option which I have never tried is to contact the local Philippine community they would have all the knowledge on what you can do

Archived