Online application question past employment?

australia94

Hoping that someone can help with a question. I am just trying to fill in the online application for a 175 visa. I have come to the section on Past Employment. Its asks for relevant previous work experience but I am have a bit of a problem. I am a qualified secondary PE teacher but have worked as a Primary school PE teacher for the past 5 years since graduating. I have already sent off for and hace recieved a postive assessment from AITSL who have recognised my experience as relevant.

When I looked at the page their is no option on the drop down menu for Primary teacher ( I know that Primary teacher is not on the SOL). However should I choose the secondary teacher option, and then put the accurate information on the section where more detailed details are requested?

Your better off paying an immigration lawyer a one off fee for this as your answer could affect the outcome, technically your teaching and you are trained as a secondary teacher but experience is as another occupation so seek one out before you submit, you don't want opinions ruining your chance

Thanks for the reply. I think I may have to bite the bullet and speak to an agent just to put my mind to rest. After looking more closely I am about 80% sure that the skills assessment by the AITSL recognised my skills as a secondary teacher that what I'll put down.

Its a good plan, it doesnt mean you cant apply, it sounds like you have all the right skills and experience, its the wording of your references that count, the agencies will tell you about putting yourself forward in the best light, to be honest I dont understand why primary isnt on some state lists, its all teaching. Best of luck.

Archived