Bridging Visa / Travel

carlito235

Hey guys.

I sent off my application for DeFacto visa by courier a few days ago. Now, I know that when my WHV expires, which is in three weeks, a Bridging Visa A will be granted. Once granted, I then need to change to a BVB before I can travel.

Well, here's the Spaniard in the works. I actually need to travel before the end of my WHV (family stuff in the UK) and return when it has expired. Could anyone please advise about this, I've trawled through the other posts but can't seem to find anything about this particular situation, only people asking about BVBs.

I've already booked a flight because I have to go whatever happens, but was just hoping that someone could give me some insight as to my options. If my BVA kicks in whilst I'm abroad, will this stop me from re-entering Australia?

Thanks,

Martin

Guest Guest31881

Hi, I may be wrong but i believe that the bridging visa is designed to keep you "legal" when your current visa runs out so you can stay in Australia. If you are not in Australia when the current visa runs out, you will not get a bridging visa as you do not need one to stay in the country, you could have to apply for another visa to get back into Australia.

Hi, I may be wrong but i believe that the bridging visa is designed to keep you "legal" when your current visa runs out so you can stay in Australia. If you are not in Australia when the current visa runs out, you will not get a bridging visa as you do not need one to stay in the country, you could have to apply for another visa to get back into Australia.

Hey, appreciate your input. But, would the fact that I have lodged a visa application (which requires me to be onshore when granted), mean that they would let me back in and then give me a bridging visa A? They have taken my $3000 after all.

Hope there's a way round this!! Thanks for your help.

Archived