What do you do about your UK driving licence?

Bridgeman

All I'm doing is changing my address with DVLA to my sisters address here in London. She'll let me know if anything comes from them but, in theory, licences don't expire until you're 65. (I think sometimes you have to update your photo but I'm not sure).

However, you may need your licence if you plan on swapping to an Aus one.....

I changed my address to my dad's address then renewed it from there. He sent me the paperwork and i just sent eveything back to VLC and had no problems

Yes I wish I could do that now/or had done it prior as I dare not try now as they know I'm in Oz

Thanks everyone for the tips. LocaChica can't you drive on your Australian licence?

YES................I'm sure I can BUT I have a "Q" class condition on my Aussie Licence so it is renewed on a yearly basis and therefore is only valid until Jan 13!

I'm just trying to be organised and look ahead at the bigger picture!

Apparently it's just my photo that's out of date on the UK one and it doesn't officially expire until the date on the back according to the DVLA Email so I'm now off to hunt for my UK Licence and check the date..................Goodness knows where it is :)

Archived