Friends

Guest paulacox

Guest paulacox

Hi,:radar:

My name is Lewis, I am 11 years old, and my mum and dad are moving to brisbane next year. I don't want to leave my friends here. I dont know anyone in aus. Please could you write back and tell me what its like.

Lewis:cool:

Hi Lewis,

my name is Bradley and we are moving to Brisbane next August. I am scared about leaving my friends aswell but i am looking forward to making lot's of new ones.

Not sure what scholl i am going to but a bit scared about that aswell

keep in touch

Bradley

Hi Bradley and Lewis,

I moved to brisbane 4years ago i am a bit older than you but i had a friend who moved here and he was around your age, he went to school here and made Heaps (as the aussies say) of new friends! He also played for a football team and made more friends!

He used to write to his friends back home in england too so they where kept up to date with what he was doing.

You will miss your friends from england but you will be so busy going to new schools and making new friends it will take your mind off it!

Jay

Hi Jay it is Bradley thanks 4 the advice i hope i do make new freinds thanks alot

keep in touch

p.s how old are u?

Hi Bradley,

Im 21 and moved here when i was 17 the experience has been out of this world, just wish i had been young enough to go to school though would have made lot more friends my own age.

But i have made lots of new friends since i got here and they are really nice and im at uni so get to meet lots of new people there too!

have a gooden

Jay

• 1 month later...

Hi there Lewis it looks like we are a similar family.

We are looking to make the move soon, just waiting on our visas

We did the TRA back in April and applied for visas in July 2007 so not long to go hopefully for either of our families.

I'm Natalie (34) Andy is my husband (38) and we have a daughter Francesca (17) close to Laurens age. Unfortunately we don't have a son your age but do have a son called Harrison (4).

We are moving to Brisbane also as i have friends living there already since April 2007 and love it there.

They don't have children at the moment but have made friend with 2 Scottish families who have children around your age but not sure of names and ages i'm afraid i think there are 1 or 2 your age.

If you/your mum and dad want to keep in touch, or if Lauren wants to speak to Fran please let us know as Fran is worried about the move and making friends too.

Bye for now, Natalie ( Mum)

Archived