Cost of half a container :(

Polkey

Hi we have had 6 quotes for just over half - 619 cuft to 790 cuft and the quotes ranged from 3079 to 4500... but I will be interested to hear what other people have to say as i did think it was pricey...but i guess after 6 i cant really complain too much. I think we are going for one that its 3140 for 719 cuft.

Half a 20 foot or half a 40 foot?

From these boards Pickfords seems to be higher than most, tried White & Co or John Mason?

Generally sole use 20ft is around £4k, sole use 40ft is in the £6-7k bracket. Groupage (shared) tends to be a bit higher (calculated on % of use of container), probably 10% or so considering full container price. I've been told the main reason for this is that each persons goods within a groupage container needs separate bills of lading, AQIS paperwork & clearance, etc.

Also depends on where these 'door to door' doors are ...

Hope this helps

P

Last thread I saw ... can't find it now ... showed the above 2 companies running about £700 cheaper than Pickfords for same said items, sure it was 20ft or smaller

As everyone says, shop around ... and then you have the leverage to haggle too ...

As for me, well I'm still looking for a company prepared to ship what I want shipped :(

And before you ask, no, I'm off the drugs now :)

I have had 3 quotes fr 40' and 40' high cube. It depends on the company as to how much space they think you need, but... they will charge you extra if it doesn't all fit and this can be expensive as it can mean another container. Some companies seem to quote cheaper, with less volume just to ry & win the work. So be sure on how much space you need and allow 10% margin for awkward shapes etc. Good luck!

CJ

• 3 years later...

Archived