Help: Deciding when to apply

k8bug79

Hello. Just wondered if anyone has seen more than I have and give me some insight on when we should apply. We are applying for my spouse visa with my 3 children. We have been lucky enough (if you can call it that) to inherit the money that will get us to Oz, but it's in a round about way as in we don't actually have it at the moment as it is tied up in a house. We originally thought we would put application in in Jan 13 for a few reasons. I am studying so that would allow me to finish whilst it processed, we have some debt ending in Sept 14 so could go without commitments around this time, and my youngest would start school then so we thought we would go in Jan 14 after a final xmas. However I have looked at the cost of the spouses visa and that has increased from our last budget and I presume will increase again in July, I have also seen that there are changes afoot that may mean we have to pay a fee for each child also. Our medicals have also increased since we last priced them up to nearly £600. Whilst we are not really ready to go yet I am wondering if we should just get our visas in. If we go for June (to avoid any July increases) we would have our medicals requested in about November, which means we could hold out until the last minute and go not long before we planned, but I am not keen on cutting it so fine as we have no money to validate. Does anyone know what changes are happening and when? Thanks

Your husbands children should be entitled for citizanship by decent too??

Havent heard about the changed of paying for each child if they are part of the partner visa appliation.

Sadly not as he has never lived there and there is a requirement to have lived there for at least 2 years before their birth.

Archived