176 Visa,New to all this and just wanted to say good morning !!!

dazeybear

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello really, I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks gaining as much info as I can, my husband is applying for a 176 visa, (my dad lives in oz and will be sponsoring him) we have two young girls ages 8 & 4, we have applied to the Australian Computer Society to see if he is elligable for the skilled migration visa, we know he needs to take the IELTS test to gain the extra 20 points if we get approved by the ACS, something I have been thinking about is,do we have to get my dad to put in his sponsor side of the visa before we do?? we are trying to go this alone without the aid of an agent, I am getting a little confused with reading lots of snippets from others about the way in which they are doing things, we don't want to lodge the applications in the wrong order and get rejected because we didn't do it in the correct way, any advise would be grateful.

We are hoping to move to NSW (Central Coast somewhere, any tips on this too would be great)

Thanks in advance, this site is great and very addictive, I find myself looking at what people are up to everyday.

Kind regards

Victoria

Guest JK Simbob

Hi Victoria,

Brand new to this forum also, first day and first thread reply! Can't offer you too much advice as i am still in the early throws of doing this myself but one thing i have had the dis-pleasure of doing is the IELTS exam. There are loads of other posts around all the forums advising about this test and all i can say is take as much advice as you can from them, get your hubby to practice and please don't think that getting an 8 is easy! This test seems to be tripping a lot of people up, particularly those who need an 8 to gain enough points (like me). I did the test a couple of months ago and didn't practice and got 9, 8.5, 8, 7.5 for the 4 elements. Please be aware that they do not take the average but the lowest as your grade (7.5 for me). I have a retest this Saturday but really am not confident i will achieve an 8 minimum all round despite doing the practice tests. Don't want to frighten you at all, just make you aware of this hideous test!! Good luck.

Thanks JK,welcome!!! my husband has been doing some of the practice tests from the ielts site, they are unbelievable and I am so glad that I am not going to need to take it, what were your topics, can you remember for the 4 elements?? also good luck for Sat, where are you taking the test ??

Archived