176 Processing Times

Hi,

I've had a look for this information but I can't see it.

I've put in for my State Sponsorship in Victoria today. I've been told that the turn around is typically 12 weeks. If they approve the application I will need to apply for the 176 visa.

I've been told that it can take 12 months for this to be approved. Is this typical or is it quicker or slower than that generally?

I've applied under ANZSCO code 263111 - Network & Systems Engineer.

Thanks for your help,

T

176SS visas are currently getting a CO within 4 weeks of lodging application. Depending if you are from a HR or LR country it will be alot quicker than 12 months. We got CO after 2 week and our visa 6 weeks after lodging. If you look at some of the 176SS timeline threads for Dec/Jan/Feb you will have a better idea of timelines.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

I figured out how to determine which group I fall into. All 176 visas are Priority 3.

I found this page on the DIAC website which also says that 176 visas are backlogged for 12 months from low risk countries. Which one should I take as gospel?

I figured out how to determine which group I fall into. All 176 visas are Priority 3.

I found this page on the DIAC website which also says that 176 visas are backlogged for 12 months from low risk countries. Which one should I take as gospel?

Yes it says that processing times can be 12 months for LR countries (this is not due to a backlog, but the DIAC not daying it will be faster as there is a quota of visas each year onnce reach quota need to wait for new year to have new visas)) - but on the allocation date page which is updated every 2 weeks, it states that 176ss Priority 3 are getting CO within 4 weeks. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/137374-176-visa-lodged-january-2012-a.html

Look at Jan thread as to how many people have CO. Once you get a CO they will ask for additional information, after they have all paper work they require they will ask for medicals and PCC, which they give you 28 days to get.

Look at Jan thread as to how many people have CO. Once you get a CO they will ask for additional information, after they have all paper work they require they will ask for medicals and PCC, which they give you 28 days to get.

Hi, we sent in our medicals and police checks, and are wondering how long it takes to get an answer from this point. Any ideas?

Archived