Victoria Sponsorship 176 Visa - 2 quick questions...

noble383

Hey ladies and gents!!

I wonder if anyone can shed a little bit of light on Victoria sponsorship.

1. How much of a difference will it make if we declare that we know someone in Melbourne? Basically we have only met them twice and feel a bit cheeky asking if they mind if we put them down and get their address and contact details. But we will if it makes a difference.

2. Is it right that we can apply for state sponsorship without the skills assessment coming back, although most likely they wont grant sponsorship until it does come back from AITSL (secondary school teacher). We already have the VIT registration and IELTS back.

Thanks in adavnce for any help on this

Cheers

Noble383

Hey ladies and gents!!

I wonder if anyone can shed a little bit of light on Victoria sponsorship.

1. How much of a difference will it make if we declare that we know someone in Melbourne? Basically we have only met them twice and feel a bit cheeky asking if they mind if we put them down and get their address and contact details. But we will if it makes a difference.

2. Is it right that we can apply for state sponsorship without the skills assessment coming back, although most likely they wont grant sponsorship until it does come back from AITSL (secondary school teacher). We already have the VIT registration and IELTS back.

Thanks in adavnce for any help on this

Cheers

Noble383

Hi Noble - :biggrin:

1. I think declaring that you know someone in Melbourne will make a small positive difference, but not by much. If you know someone, do list them, I would say. I had applied for VIC sponsorship and even though I know a few over there, I felt uncomfortable writing their names and so omitted this information. I left all of it blank. Needless to say, my results came back positive.

2. As for not having the skills assessment yet, I believe you can still apply but you won't get a "straight grant". I think they come back and ask you for it later (and this is usually a good sign you will be accepted).

All the best!

Hi Sol2Oz,

Thanks for such a speedy response.......really appreciate it. We are off for a visit to Melbourne in 2 weeks and will see the friends so may ask them if it feels right. But really I just want to get the sponsorship form in and not waste 2-3 weeks in case we miss out!!! But then I know if I didnt put it down and didnt get the SS I would be really annoyed for not doing it!!!!

Eeeeeek!!!

Oh well I will sleep on it a while!!!!!

Thanks again and fingers crossed for you visa getting a CO soon!!

Cheers!!

Hi Noble - :biggrin:

1. I think declaring that you know someone in Melbourne will make a small positive difference, but not by much. If you know someone, do list them, I would say. I had applied for VIC sponsorship and even though I know a few over there, I felt uncomfortable writing their names and so omitted this information. I left all of it blank. Needless to say, my results came back positive.

2. As for not having the skills assessment yet, I believe you can still apply but you won't get a "straight grant". I think they come back and ask you for it later (and this is usually a good sign you will be accepted).

All the best!

Archived