applying as a graphics tradesperson - anyone else the same?

Guest paulocon

Guest paulocon

Just about to post of my TRA assessment form and docs - applying for a SIR Visa as a Graphics Pre-Press Tradesperson. Wondered if anyone else out there as applied as the same and could offer some help and advice before I post of my all important docs!!!

Cheers

Paulocon

Guest mickw

Hi

I applied for a visa as a 'Graphic Pre-Press Tradesperson'. The thing the TRA like are trade certificates, qualifications, work references and experience. I acquired the trade certificates when i served my apprenticeship as a compositor - City and Guilds etc.

The description they use for a 'Graphic Pre-Press Tradesperson' is mostly now outdated - mainly applies to letterpress, manual planning and gravure procedures. But they seem to like you to be aware of these. I take it you are a 'Mac Operator"?

Cheers Mick

Guest paulocon

Hi Mick, many thanks for your reply - Yes I am a mac operator but also class myself as a pre-press operator as most of my duties involve pre-press production nowadays.

Have you applied for a visa and were you successful?

I have included everything in my application I can get my hands on etc.. although I have no trade certificates only diploma certs and work refs to evidence - so not sure how its going to go.

Thanks again for your advice.

Paul

Guest mickw

Hi Paul

You will be applying for the same as me. Yes I was successful - visa was granted on 17th April this year - yippee!!

Even though I had certificates etc to submit they really do need evidence of employment. In my case I had to go back to an employer I was working for back in 1992 - the only one that was still in existence - the rest of the companies I had been employed by were no longer trading. It had to list my job title, duties, salary etc. Good job I left on a good terms because it really did make a big difference to me getting approved by the TRA.

Because we wanted to emigrate to Queensland and didn't have a sponsor, my age which was approaching the cut-off point - 45, we had to settle in a regional area on the Sunshine Coast - Maroochydore (paradise) - where our trade is in demand believe it or not! So we have been sponsored by Queensland and now we just cannot wait to go,

all the best mate

Mick :lol:

Guest paulocon

Thanks for that Mick - how wierd is that cos thats were we want to go to - just got back from there on hols last month and just loved it, its brilliant there - went to Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands.

Judging by what you have said - I have included a fairly detailed reference from my present employer who I have been working for the past 8 years, so i am hoping that will prove to be sufficient. All my other previous employers have too gone out of business so I have had to provide affividavits. You just dont know how they will judge you!!

So its fingers crossed and hope I have done enough. When are you looking to go out??

Paul :lol: :lol:

Guest mickw

Hi Paul

We're flying out this Thursday to get our visa's validated and will be staying in Maroochydore. We are actually looking to go out there before next August or sooner.

Cheers Mick

Guest paulocon

Nice one mate, bet you're really looking forward to it!!! Have you been to Maroochydore before or will this be your first time out there. If it is you will love it - its great there!! Keep in touch when you get out here and let us know how you get on. Have you got a job lined up or are you goin out looking for work as soon as you get out there.

Best of luck, hopefully will be there soon too!!!

Paul

Guest mickw

Hi Paul

This is the first time we've been to Maroochydore. I'm going to be having a good look around and see what work is available and I'll report back in a couple of weeks!

All the best

Mick

Guest paulocon

Hi Mick, Nice one!! make sure you check out the Glass House Mountains near Beerwah and go to Australia Zoo - we were fortunate enough to catch Steve Erwin there when we went!!

Its a fantastic place with great beaches - you cant go wrong there!!

Look forward to hearing from you shorty and check out the design and printing trade over there too while your there!!

Regards

Paul

Archived