Backpacker advice for Emerald, QLD wanted!

Guest lizface

Guest lizface

Hi everyone, I'm trying to sort out some work with 2PH based in Emerald, QLD, but I'm not having much luck checking out the backpacker hostels. I can't find websites for any of them, so I don't know how many places to stay there are, or even if there are some I should avoid! Ideally I wouldn't mind living in a backpackers for a while, but if I do manage to get a job with 2PH I'd prefer to find somewhere to live, perhaps even with other 2PH workers. If anyone's had any experience of backpackers in Emerald, or working for 2PH, or knows about renting in the local area, I'd love to hear from you.

hey i did 4 months working at 2ph.. unfortunately there are no hostel etc in emerald at all. 2ph have accommodation but may ne full.. worth an ask. i shared a house with several people working there. lots of fun. a couple of my friends are still there. sorry about spelling etc on my stupid phone!

Guest lizface

Thanks for the quick reply! I've been in touch with 2PH about work, and I have to check back with them closer to the time. The other thing they asked in the email was if I had a car so I'm assuming that's for driving to work at the farm in - I saw a post you made in another topic about carpooling and housemates. Would you mind me asking if you know if your friends are still going to be there in a few months, OR if they know of any space in shared 2PH worker houses coming up in July? Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Archived