Renting out u.k home.

scarlet mia

Hi

Hope someone can help me as I am in a bit of a panic as usual. We think we may have found someone to rent our house out long term whilst we are in oz. I have been looking up some info on the internet as we are not using an agent so I want to make sure everything is done right.

I have been in touch with my mortgage lender and it is fine for me to rent. I am now bothered about all the tax side of it and the non resident landlord form.

Has anybody else rented there house out and not used an agent. If anyone has any tips or advise I would be so grateful.

Thanks Karen x

Hi

Hope someone can help me as I am in a bit of a panic as usual. We think we may have found someone to rent our house out long term whilst we are in oz. I have been looking up some info on the internet as we are not using an agent so I want to make sure everything is done right.

I have been in touch with my mortgage lender and it is fine for me to rent. I am now bothered about all the tax side of it and the non resident landlord form.

Has anybody else rented there house out and not used an agent. If anyone has any tips or advise I would be so grateful.

Thanks Karen x

Use an agent!

We are not using an agent as we can,t get enough rent to cover the fee,s and we have found someone we know and trust. Just wanted some advise off someone who may have also rented out their house without using an agent !

Oh well that's a much better option. Sorry we have never rented before, so we're going to have to use an agent and pay the shortfall from Oz. All the tax stuff really confuses me too. Will be watching this forum for some advise as well... :ssign2:

Archived