Partner migration - quick ? on (aussie) police checks

oz bound pom

Hi all,

I'm just putting together my application for a partner migration visa from outside of Oz and have just got a quick question regarding my wifes (my sponsor) need for Aussie police check.

She is an Aussie citizen, so now is my son, he appears as my child in Q38 so even though he is an Aussie citizen, is he technically classed as migrating with me and does my wife need an Australian police check? I think i already know the answer (as everything about the form is set up to get yet more $$ out of you!) but just thought it worth checking before we sent off the request.

Cheers,

John

Hi there, I've just lodged the same application, we have two kids.. and they are NOT migrating as they are Australian citizens. they are not included in the form, but mentioned (does that make sense?) what is q38? is that about dependents?

but to answer your question about police clearances, yes, if either of you have spent more than 12 months in Australian, then you need to apply for an Australian Police Clearance.

Good luck!

Yep, thats what we did.

I just filled out the form like it was for my partner only. but when it came to the dependents questions included them. the same in the sponsors's application. I also included certified copies of the kids citizenship paperwork, passports, birth certs etc.

I was requested this week for three of the included documents to be certified by a notory public, not a gp... so that was another €72 gone! if your interested, it was the marriage cert, applicants birth cert & sponsors passport. Those must be the most important documents in the applications, cause all the other certified documents were signed by the gp, and they were all acceptable... who knows? just more money!

But they also requested the Medical Check to be done, so thats good. My OH is getting that done tomorrow. So our application is well underway now.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Archived