student Visa

Stevieb1483

Hi i asked a question on behalf of my friend before regarding WHV he had already had one in 2004? and did not do any work in the specific area to be able to extend or apply for a 2nd WHV. As my and my gf are coming out to Aus in June/July he is now wanting to get accross with us, after asking the question above ^ soon realised theres no chance of another WHV for him..

i have read a thread about a 36 year old chap who has applied for a student visa and will be entering oz as a "mature student" i was wondering if it would be possible for my friend to attempt this way round as he has no solid qualifications in the UK..

can anyone help?

Guest AKA63029

Hi Stevie.

Can't help, but the rules concerning WHV's are at times very strict. I'm not sure if a student visa would be applicable, but I dare say someone will be able to answer this for you.

Cheers Tony.

To hold a valid Student VISA, you need to be enrolled on a CRICOS registered course and if you don't maintain a minimum attendance, the VISA will be revoked. International courses are expensive... I'm on a vocational (572) VISA and pay $14000 per year on a 2 year course. You also have to declare you have access to sufficient funds for the course, living expenses and flights for the whole duration of the course which if i remember right is around $60000 for my 2 year VISA.

hope this gives you some info...

Alan

Archived