Timeframes Question

Sunny76

Hi all.

I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum but I have searched and cannot find it.

After a great deal of research I have decided to apply for an ACT state sponsorship (would be issued on my skill but would include by husband and daughter).

Can anyone tell me the estimated or (in there experience) timeframes from applying for state sponsorship to the DIAC finalising their visa. I have read on another website that this could take three years. Is this case?

My second question relates to the time from having the visa issued to settling in australia. Am I right in thinking that it can be validated within one year but then you have an additional two years to settle in Australia? Obviously if the answer to my first question is that it is a three year turn around then I will not need extra time to settle but if they are turned around quicker than more time may be needed.

Thanks in advance.

Guest AKA63029

Hi Sunny.

Firstly welcome to the forum,:wubclub:.

There are loads of peeps who have been or are in the same position as you, and whilst I can't answer your particular concerns I am sure someone with far more expertise will be along soon.

Cheers Tony.

Archived