Advice Please

spud-u-like

Hi...I was wondering if anyone can offer some advise or is in the same boat as me, I'm currently going through the 457 visa process by the way and my nominated sponsor is one of the big mining companies in WA.

1. I have applied for my visa using Fragoman Immigration lawyers (appointed by my sponsor)

2. All my docs were sent to Fragoman and he/they have lodged my application with DIAC (8 Feb 12)

3. I have had my chest Xray (14 Feb 12) and the results upload via the evisa website. Evisa page now saying "medicals finalised" - as of 14 Feb 12

4. My evisa page is showing "progressing further" again as of 14 Feb 12

My questions are -

1. Will my case officer ask for further info (I've not had a full medical or been asked for police checks) as these weren't asked for by Fragomen?

2. As my evisa page is showing medicals finalised and progressing further, can I expect my visa very soon?

3. Is it the immigration lawyers responsibility to ensure all necessary documentation is in place before they lodged my visa application?

Thanks in advance.

Guest The Pom Queen

Not an agent and it's years since we got our visas so can't help with the questions, but wanted to say good luck and I hope you hear very soon.

hi

we have just had our visa (457) granted it only took 24 hours to get our decision we didn't use a agent this us.what we did:

° electronic visa sent

°medical completed

°email letter received from case officer within 24hrs of lodging visa with a list of requirements

° required docs uploaded and case officer informed

°notification of approval received 24hrs later

good luck hope u hear soon feel free toolbox mei if u need more detailed advise

Danii

Answer to your questions from my inexpert opinion (but also had a 457 done by Fragomen last year, and asked them lots of question about how the process worked)

1. If Fragomen thought you needed info, they would have asked for it before they put the application in. Most 457s don't even need a chest X-ray, so you should be OK on the medical front

2. If medical issues are finalised then yes, it won't take long

3. It's not their responsibility - but Fragomen told me they go through the applications and generally don't put it in until they've got all the info that DIAC are *likely* to ask for

So I think you won't be waiting much longer

Guest meettherobinsons

Were on a 176 visa and it took 1 1/2 weeks from the meds being finalised to a via being granted! Hope this is of some help to you.

Answer to your questions from my inexpert opinion (but also had a 457 done by Fragomen last year, and asked them lots of question about how the process worked)

1. If Fragomen thought you needed info, they would have asked for it before they put the application in. Most 457s don't even need a chest X-ray, so you should be OK on the medical front

2. If medical issues are finalised then yes, it won't take long

3. It's not their responsibility - but Fragomen told me they go through the applications and generally don't put it in until they've got all the info that DIAC are *likely* to ask for

So I think you won't be waiting much longer

I hope not...thanks for replying

hi

we have just had our visa (457) granted it only took 24 hours to get our decision we didn't use a agent this us.what we did:

° electronic visa sent

°medical completed

°email letter received from case officer within 24hrs of lodging visa with a list of requirements

° required docs uploaded and case officer informed

°notification of approval received 24hrs later

good luck hope u hear soon feel free toolbox mei if u need more detailed advise

Danii

Thanks...i will if I don't hear anything this week!

Archived