Shipping Classic Cars

Camper Babe

Just wondered if anyone has had experience of shipping classic cars (pre-1965) to Oz? There's no question of leaving ours in the UK and we don't ever intend of selling them. One of them is a LHD (1953 VW Beetle) an the other is a VW Split Screen Camper (1964).

Any advice/info welcome.

Cheers

Cant help on the importation of the cars, but i'm sure ironchef will pop up soon. He's the site's resident expert on vehicle imports

Not too sure about the LHD, thought that I had read somewhere that it might create a few issues.

You will have no problem getting parts & spares for old VW's and there are numerous garages specializing in old bugs & campers.

My wife has a convertible 73 super bug which we totally renovated a couple of years ago. It was real easy to find new & used parts.

Guest Guest31881

As Furkew said our resident expert should be able to help you, This is link to his thread,

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97053-transporting-your-car-oz-everything-you-need-know.html

you may find someting on there to help, posting on that thread will get a responce from Iron Chef.

The laws are different regarding "Classic cars" I think it is easier, and if that old, I believe that LHD is allowed. but take a look at Iron Chefs thread and fire a couple of questions at him,

Archived