My Suggestions

skippy

If you have no family or job to come to, take your time to settle into your new homeland, rent a place so you can look around at the suburbs etc & choose carefully what suits you, this could take up to 12 months.

Take any job for starters, as you will meet many people in the workplace that will invite you out for a BBQ etc and show you around the place, people are very friendly here.

Get yourself a car and drive around and get familiar with the place, the decisions you make early on could come back to haunt you later, living in a city suburb can be very demanding with traffic chaos at times.

We live about 1 hours drive south of Sydney, dairy farm 2 doors away & 10 mins from the beach, my wife drives to work each day [1 hr each way] expressway conditions, but it is worth it for the environment we live in, she has a good job and started working when I got injured some years ago, I've been medically retired for 6 years now and have only 2 years to go for the OAP, my wife will then retire also.

We have lived in Oz for 36 years now, came with nothing, now have everything & all paid for, wherever you live, life is like a game of snakes & ladders, up's & downs, it's no country's fault if you don't get on, it's the choices YOU make that determine your future.

Guest Beki

That is a really good way of describing life, like a game of snakes and ladders. Here in the UK it sometimes feels like there are a lot of snakes on the board!

Archived