The massive stunning houses

The cheap steaks

The weather

The job opportunities for our kids

The swimming pool and jacuzzi

The breathtaking scenery

The wild life

And finally ....... The weather. Lol

Come on Jim all those points and you forgot one thing ....

The Weather !!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Come on Jim all those points and you forgot one thing ....

The Weather !!

Yee gads

Its march and I don't recall any spell of hot sunny weather since last June, that's ............. Almost 8 months ago. July and August were rubbish as usual, I don't know why we never have any sunny summer weather in our, so called summer months.

The warmth of the sun.

Going to the supermarket to stock up with salads, ice blocks, soft drinks and watermelon.

Going to the bottle shop and stocking up with Chardy and beer.

Having the bbq heating up for hubby coming from work.

Spending the day in bathers and a cotton wrap.

All sitting round the pool for dinner and a chat.

and it not mattering whether its the weekend or a school night ....

Guest nonny1983

Hi everyone. I'v been reading this post with great interest having recently moved to the Gold Coast from Wales. So far I am loving this beautiful country. The glorious sun, the heat, the friendliness of people, getting your bags packed in shops, my kids being as free as dobby amoung other things.

However there are things I miss that I wound never have expected to, such as good tasting tap water, smell of dew on the grass (it's way more mossy here) Tesco (lol thinking of emailing them to partition them to come over) waking up to the view of a castle, British comedy (god I miss Mock the Week even if they were mostly re runs on Dave), good food as so far been disapointed with what Aus has got.

Obviously I miss friends and family but in a funny way I see more of them now than I did via Skype so I have yet to feel lonely and I hope I never feel the need to go back permanantly. I'm on a spouse visa my husband and children are all aussie so my life has literally been staked on this move so I will have to get over the little niggles I guess but thanks agin every one for some great reading :D

Guest nonny1983

oh forgot to add, the biggest thing I miss is good old Rugby Union!! The atmosphere in Cardiff on match day is like nothing you will ever experience in your life if your actually going to the game or not, it's electric and I'm missing that buzz, especially given Wales are on track for the Grand Slam atm and 3am on a school morning is not a great time to be downing beers to celebrate :( lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We were swimming outside in the open air pools at Southbank in the middle of the city in Brisbane and kids were laughing and splashing about, people were there swimming during their dinner breaks and people were lying on the man made beaches, chilling out. I couldn't get my head round just being there in the warm water, in the middle of the city, with the backdrop of the skyscrapers and overlooking the river, it was simply fanbloodytastic and I miss that fantastic place like crazy.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Sounds great Hoff, or do you prefer Jim?

I thought of something else I will miss...the sound of rain on a tin roof. Mind you, I'm missing that right now, it's been so long since Perth had rain. :wub:

The Ropey Hoff is a funny joke name, based on me running on the beach in sunny Bridlington in my speedos in the 1990's.

Jim is fine.

Southbank is a fantastic place, as is the ride on the river cats up and down the river in Brisbane, we loved it.

Sounds great Hoff, or do you prefer Jim?

I thought of something else I will miss...the sound of rain on a tin roof. Mind you, I'm missing that right now, it's been so long since Perth had rain. :wub:

You can have some of ours, we've had enough of it

:biggrin:

Haha, you probably prefer Jim then.

Is Brisbane where you're looking to move to when you get over here?

The Ropey Hoff is a funny joke name, based on me running on the beach in sunny Bridlington in my speedos in the 1990's.

Jim is fine.

Southbank is a fantastic place, as is the ride on the river cats up and down the river in Brisbane, we loved it.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Haha, you probably prefer Jim then.

Is Brisbane where you're looking to move to when you get over here?

We love Brisbane and would definately go there, but we love Perth as well, the wife is a nurse and likes the look of the new Fiona Stanley hospital, but we also fancy Adelaide, cheaper housing nearer the coast and city. We can't go until our son has finished his A levels next summer.

So you have three options on the table! Never been to Adelaide or Brisbane so you'll know better than me, Perth I know. If you like sun, sea and sand you can't go wrong. Pricey housing though. You have a bit of a wait yet but I hope you get your chance, I think I read once that you were trying to convince your son?It'll come round sooner than you think.