IELTS Query

Katiem

Hi,

I'm sure this will have been covered before so apologies but, I want to migrate to Australia and am looking at all of the options. I'm looking to try the employer sponsored skilled migration route (either 121 or a 457 followed by a PR application). I'm a qualified accountant so my job is listed on the SOL and having done a bit of research, I'm hoping I should be able to find a multinational who'd be willing to sponsor me and have found a suitable role with my current employer in Australia which I've just applied for, so maybe a transfer could be possible. I'm staying as open minded as possible and want to try this route as it seems the quickest option for me.

My question is though, if I do find an employer to sponsor me, will I require an IELTS test to prove my english language proficiency or will being English born and bred be enough to score the required points here? I'm eager to get started so if this will be a requirement, I'd rather get the test done now.

Thank You.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum, I am not a migration agent and things change all the time so please check the info, but as far as I know, if you are UK Born and Bred and English is your first language then you would qualify for the score of 5 on each component so no test needed, however, some jobs require that you have a higher score than 5 so if this is the case then you would need to sit the IELTS.

Archived