Allowed or not? Bad Agents

kimsdu

Are we allowed to put on here agents that are worth steering clear of or is that against the rules? Friends of mine have had a majorly bad experience by a big visa company, Actually they are not the only ones that i know of.. There are at least 2 more couples that have wasted alot of money using these particular agents and i feel people should be warned but of course do not want to break any rules...

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

We cannot allow name and shame posts on the site, been big problems in the past... However. if someone would like to send you a PM asking for details of the company, then you can send a PM to them. but not allowed to post on the open forum...

Are we allowed to put on here agents that are worth steering clear of or is that against the rules? Friends of mine have had a majorly bad experience by a big visa company, Actually they are not the only ones that i know of.. There are at least 2 more couples that have wasted alot of money using these particular agents and i feel people should be warned but of course do not want to break any rules...

I expect that indicating whether the agent was OMARA registered or unregistered would not be a problem.

It is worth noting that a company cannot be a registered migration agent, only an individual can be registered.

Some organisations retain the services of a registered migration agent as a 'consultant'. It does not follow that a registered migration agent will have carriage of a case.

In Australia companies large and small are supposed to ensure that migration advice is provided by registered migration agents only. There are all sorts of people exempted from this requirement; parliamentarians and their staff, DIAC officers; sponsors, family members and so on.

There is no law to stop the overseas branches of companies large and small letting unqualified staff offer migration advice and manage applications. There is nothing to stop unqualified individuals outside Australia offering migration advice and managing applications.

All registered migration agents must carry professional indemnity insurance to protect clients in case they offer incorrect advice or make some other a mistake.

There are no consequences for DIAC officers who get it wrong - read the DIAC disclaimers. Similarly, there are no consequences for parliamentarians and staff, education agents, prospective employers, course providers and other who have offered wrong advice. There has been some tsk tsking about course providers and education agents offering migration advice, but nothing much has been done.

If you were badly dealt with by a registered migration agent who regularly posts on this forum I will eat my hat.

If you were badly dealt with by a registered migration agent who does not on this forum I will eat half it.

It was friends who have had a bad experience not myself but after googling the company involved and read so many complaints my advice to anyone would be if you are considering using an agent do your research first. In this day and age of computers information is readily available and anybody who has been ripped off will take to the net to let the world know...There will be lots of info on the company online for instance i just googled the company name of the company my friends used and there were over 30 pages of angry customer complaints, national news articles on said company and details of other company names they used to be known as.. This is all FREE PUBLIC information. Do your homework its not worth losing the money and time for what takes a few minutes.

And ask people on here who they recommend but DO NOT trust the man on the phone selling you your dream as it could end in a nightmare.

Thanks to everyone who pmd me about the company im not allowed to mention if anyone else wants the name please do the same.

Thanks

It was friends who have had a bad experience not myself but after googling the company involved and read so many complaints my advice to anyone would be if you are considering using an agent do your research first. In this day and age of computers information is readily available and anybody who has been ripped off will take to the net to let the world know...There will be lots of info on the company online for instance i just googled the company name of the company my friends used and there were over 30 pages of angry customer complaints, national news articles on said company and details of other company names they used to be known as.. This is all FREE PUBLIC information. Do your homework its not worth losing the money and time for what takes a few minutes.

And ask people on here who they recommend but DO NOT trust the man on the phone selling you your dream as it could end in a nightmare.

Thanks to everyone who pmd me about the company im not allowed to mention if anyone else wants the name please do the same.

Thanks

TBH I think its a no brainer to ensure you do proper research on any company you are planning on parting with your cash to. Be it a migration agent, a building company or a solicitor. There is no excuse really with the internet to not get yourself informed as fully as possible. I do multiple searches when I require feedback or reviews and use different search terms to ensure I get as many returns as possible.

Honestly though, there are a surprising amount of people out there who don't seem to know how to use a search engine or seem to expect others to do all their homework for them.

Guest The Pom Queen

If you were badly dealt with by a registered migration agent who regularly posts on this forum I will eat my hat.

If you were badly dealt with by a registered migration agent who does not on this forum I will eat half it.

The said company do not post on the forum (well they have posed as satisfied customers before and have been named and shamed for that by admin) it seems to be a Global problem.

The said company do not post on the forum (well they have posed as satisfied customers before and have been named and shamed for that by admin) it seems to be a Global problem.

Some good news.....

After my friend bombarded the facebook page of "The rip off company" and wrote several letters to national newspapers today he was offered a full refund from them, However he was also called by THE MIRROR who did a telephone interview with him so all going well "RIP OFF COMPANY" will be getting some bad press in a national newspaper very son. I will let you all know what date it comes out if it goes ahead and then you will all be able to read just how bad these guys are.

Thanks

Some good news.....

After my friend bombarded the facebook page of "The rip off company" and wrote several letters to national newspapers today he was offered a full refund from them, However he was also called by THE MIRROR who did a telephone interview with him so all going well "RIP OFF COMPANY" will be getting some bad press in a national newspaper very son. I will let you all know what date it comes out if it goes ahead and then you will all be able to read just how bad these guys are.

Thanks

That story runs they make take back the full refund offer. Or something. Just a thought.

Guest AKA63029
Some good news.....

Thanks

Hi Kimsdu.

Good for your friend, BUT.

After speaking with the Mirror make sure ALL mobile numbers are changed, spam filters in good working order and house phone de-bugged.:wink:

Archived