Driving Convictions

Guest laura_barrett

Guest laura_barrett

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know if Drink drivers from 3 years on a uk license are still counted in OZ (Perth)?

Thanks

Laura & Matt

Guest Fredtheman
Hi Everyone,

Anyone know if Drink drivers from 3 years on a uk license are still counted in OZ (Perth)?

Thanks

Laura & Matt

You can always put in on the forms, But I think the Aussie gov are after the time you did for armed robbery, high jacking planes, drug running, and GBH. If you have none of the later then you are in the clear. I lost my license for 3 months about 20 years back, but I still put it down on my forms. They (Aussie gov) never asked a question about it. Can you get some info from the courts to say what happened. But then again they don't check up on your licence.Then again they do want a POLICE CHECK from you and it might be on it!

Fred

Fred

Guest Fredtheman
I know its ok for the visa, but i mean for insurance purpose etc? Do they still ask for conviction from uk?

good question. if it's on your license here they would see it when you show it in aussie to get it changed over. then again you could do a test as in the car test at the other end.. if you are banned in the uk does that mean you are banned in spain,france or any othe eu country? or if you are banned from driving in france can you drive in the uk? i don't think you have to take out car insurance in aussie. well in the state of victoria you get your tax (reg) every year with it comes 3rd party insurance that covers the other person driving the other car. you do not have to take out car insurance as in the way we have to here in the stae of victoria. even if you drive in to the back of the person in front of you ...... it may not be your fault!!! DRIVE WITH DUE CARE AND ATTENTION DOES NOT APPLY ANY WHERE IN AUSTRALIA. Panel beaters never go out of work out there!!

i hope this works

fred

Archived