buying our buyers house?

Guest The Cutches

Guest The Cutches

Ok, this is a bit of a unusual one. An ex neighbour of ours did this but her circumstances were a bit different.

We have a couple interested in our house but... they have concerns about the state of the market and don't think it's a good time to put theirs on at the moment cos they are worried about committing to ours and not getting enough £'s for theirs.

We are thinking about buying their house, they haven't had it valued yet but we have checked it out and reckon it would go for about half the cost of ours. If we do this, it means we can clear our CC debts have a relatively small mortgage on their house then put in on the market for about the same as we paid for it. This way we don't have all of our cash tied up and we're free to get to OZ.

If they don't have theirs for sale as yet, does anyone know if that means they would not have to pay estate agents fees?

Messy I know but market trends seem to show that the smaller houses sell easier as demand is higher.

Would be really interested to hear anyones advice or opinions

CC

x

Hi, Our next door neighbours bought our old house. Our house was on the market and they had only lived in their house a few months we didnt tell them that we were moving. Anyway they came round to borrow a wheel barrow and we told them 'by the way you may hopefully see some people coming around to view our house as we are selling', anyway next thing we know they knocked again and asked if they could buy our house!!! How lucky was that!!

Even though it was for sale through an agent they never had to pay to them as we said we are taking it off the market as our neighbour is going to purchase it from us.

So to answer your question NO they shouldnt have to pay a penny, and why dont you be as cheeky as our neighbours were and asked to cut the cost of a would be agent fee between you!! i.e. so you dont pay as much for the house!! meet them half way

good luck

Guest june coates
Hi, Our next door neighbours bought our old house. Our house was on the market and they had only lived in their house a few months we didnt tell them that we were moving. Anyway they came round to borrow a wheel barrow and we told them 'by the way you may hopefully see some people coming around to view our house as we are selling', anyway next thing we know they knocked again and asked if they could buy our house!!! How lucky was that!!

Even though it was for sale through an agent they never had to pay to them as we said we are taking it off the market as our neighbour is going to purchase it from us.

So to answer your question NO they shouldnt have to pay a penny, and why dont you be as cheeky as our neighbours were and asked to cut the cost of a would be agent fee between you!! i.e. so you dont pay as much for the house!! meet them half way

good luck

hi kdal,you were very lucky to have got away with the estate agents costsi have had my house on the market for 7mths and out of sheer despiration i have sold to a property developer,who assured me there would be no fees to pay.i phoned my estate agent to tell him to take my property off the market and i have received a letter from him today stating that as i have sold my house privately,i will still have to pay his fees.this estate agent has done nothing to push the sale of my house and as i had a 3mth escape contract of (no sale,no fee)can it be right for him to do this?i would be grateful for any help from you all out there.

june

hi kdal,you were very lucky to have got away with the estate agents costsi have had my house on the market for 7mths and out of sheer despiration i have sold to a property developer,who assured me there would be no fees to pay.i phoned my estate agent to tell him to take my property off the market and i have received a letter from him today stating that as i have sold my house privately,i will still have to pay his fees.this estate agent has done nothing to push the sale of my house and as i had a 3mth escape contract of (no sale,no fee)can it be right for him to do this?i would be grateful for any help from you all out there.

june

June, sorry to hear your news, it's alot of money isnt it the Estate Agent Fee. Maybe there is more to it. We were looking to buy a new build and the agents knew that we were in a rush to sell as we had already found something and then perhaps because it was our neighbours that decided to buy our house, that the agents felt that they had not introduced our neighbours to us (which they hadnt) and this is how I put it to them. Not sure but if your house has been advertised by your agents (in papers etc..) they feel that they introduced the developer to you, although he went to you directly instead of going through them. It's tricky ground.

Reading the Cutches post again it looks like the people were introduced to them to buy their house (The Cutches) so the other people will have to pay the agents fee, but if The Cutches are now to buy their buyers house they may be able to get away with not paying the fee as their house is not on the market yet and not had a valuation either.

Of all the trades we have on here have we not an Estate Agent who logs on that can help

June out??

Good luck June and yes your right I was very lucky and so was my neighbour

regards

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird

Dont tell the estate agent you have a buyer! I did this many years ago when I sold my house in Wales. I just told the estate agent that we had changed our minds regarding selling - I already had a cash buyer for it but they didnt know that! Just do whats best for you, surely if the agent has not found a buyer for you then you can take it off their books, this should be just the same as if you were going to change estate agents! Go for it, cos if you are buying a cheaper house, if it is in the first time buyers market then this house should be a lot easier to sell!!

GOOD LUCK,

Sian xxxx

Guest june coates
Dont tell the estate agent you have a buyer! I did this many years ago when I sold my house in Wales. I just told the estate agent that we had changed our minds regarding selling - I already had a cash buyer for it but they didnt know that! Just do whats best for you, surely if the agent has not found a buyer for you then you can take it off their books, this should be just the same as if you were going to change estate agents! Go for it, cos if you are buying a cheaper house, if it is in the first time buyers market then this house should be a lot easier to sell!!

GOOD LUCK,

Sian xxxx

hi sian,

i see you are in port kennedy,which is where i am coming to on7th dec.my daughter is there.i didnt tell the estate agent that i had a buyer,i said that i had decided to take it off the market and rethink about it in the spring.apparently the chap who did the survey for the property developer rang them up and told them i had a buyer.i think he must be getting backhanders from the estate agent,dont you?

june

Archived